Author Topic: I watched the FBI become so woke it can’t call out terrorism  (Read 70 times)

Offline Kamaji

I watched the FBI become so woke it can’t call out terrorism
« on: January 19, 2022, 01:57:24 pm »
I watched the FBI become so woke it can’t call out terrorism

By James A. Gagliano
January 18, 2022

What happened to the FBI?

I ask this as a retired FBI leader with a quarter-century of experience. Like many of us, I worriedly watched the Colleyville, Texas, synagogue hostage standoff unfold. When alerted that my former teammates on the FBI’s Hostage Rescue Team had been deployed to handle the tactical resolution, I breathed a sigh of relief.

The HRT is the world’s premier domestic-counterterrorism team. It knows what it’s doing.

Reports from Congregation Beth Israel clearly indicated that a deranged 44-year-old British national, Malik Faisal Akram, was armed with a pistol and had taken a rabbi and three congregants hostage. Motive? Faisal was said to want the release of Pakistani terrorist Aafia Siddiqui, convicted and sentenced to 86 years for her crimes.

The 11-hour standoff concluded thanks in large part to the heroism of Rabbi Charlie Cytron-Walker, who hurled a chair at the abductor before escaping with fellow hostages. FBI-HRT then entered, neutralizing Akram.

The FBI is at a crossroads. While the agency is seeing drops in its favorability ratings, the vast majority of its agents and professional support employees continue to toil in obscurity and work damn hard to keep Americans safe. We need them.

What occurred in Colleyville illustrates the problem. Kudos to the FBI-HRT and all who worked to free the synagogue hostages. As for the FBI senior executives who made a mockery of the obvious: Call things what they are. Stand up to those who disingenuously employ definitional distortions. I am tired of apologizing. Make us proud again, FBI.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/01/18/i-watched-the-fbi-become-so-woke-it-cant-call-out-terrorism/