Author Topic: Procter & Gamble raising prices on Tide, personal health care products  (Read 222 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Procter & Gamble raising prices on Tide, personal health care products
By Lexi Lonas - 01/19/22 03:18 PM EST

Procter & Gamble is raising its prices on Tide and other personal health care products amid rising inflation.

The company said in an earnings call Wednesday it would be raising prices on fabric care, ​​baby care, feminine care, adult incontinence, family care, home care, hair care, grooming, oral care and skincare products, CNBC reported.

“The degree and timing of these moves are very specific to the category, brand, and sometimes the product form within a brand. This is not a one-size-fits-all approach,” Chief Financial Officer Andre Schulten said on the call.

The price hikes for fabric care products will begin on Feb. 28, while prices for other personal health care products will start increasing in April. The increase in prices will also affect international consumers, not just those in the U.S.

The hike in prices comes as the company projects an increase in inflation and other businesses costs due to broader economic events.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/finance/590447-procter-gamble-raising-prices-on-tide-personal-health-care-products
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Procter & Gamble raising prices on Tide, personal health care products
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2022, 08:58:48 pm »
I've used Tide (powder only) for the past 40+ years. The price is already ridiculous. I bought 2 boxes awhile ago knowing that prices would increase and I just opened my 2nd box.  It's just Mr. Bele and I so a box lasts us for quite awhile.

Anyone have any recommendations of a detergent that's cheaper and works as well or almost as well as Tide? I'm picky, but now that we're retired it's rational to save a few $$ on detergent.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Procter & Gamble raising prices on Tide, personal health care products
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2022, 09:45:15 pm »
I've used Tide (powder only) for the past 40+ years. The price is already ridiculous. I bought 2 boxes awhile ago knowing that prices would increase and I just opened my 2nd box.  It's just Mr. Bele and I so a box lasts us for quite awhile.

Anyone have any recommendations of a detergent that's cheaper and works as well or almost as well as Tide? I'm picky, but now that we're retired it's rational to save a few $$ on detergent.
My wife would say she has none as she has only allowed me to bring home Tide for the past 46 years of marriage.

Seems now I need to go down to Sams and stockpile more Tide
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 09:46:12 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington