Author Topic: Australia Has Record COVID-19 Deaths, Hospitals Under Stress  (Read 408 times)

Offline Hoodat

Australia Has Record COVID-19 Deaths, Hospitals Under Stress
« on: January 19, 2022, 12:59:06 am »
Australia Has Record COVID-19 Deaths, Hospitals Under Stress

'We’ve reached a point in our healthcare system where it’s juggling extreme workforce shortages ... '

January 18, 2022

Despite having some of the world’s most severe and restrictive COVID mandates, lockdowns and vaccine passports, Australia reported a record high of COVID-19 deaths Tuesday, and its second-largest state declared an emergency in hospitals to cope with surging patient admissions and a staffing shortage due to the coronavirus.

The 74 deaths occurred in its three most populous states. New South Wales reported 36, Victoria reported 22 and Queensland 16. The previous daily record was 59 coronavirus-related deaths on Sept. 4, 2020.

Federal Health Minister Greg Hunt said there were signs that New South Wales’ infection rate was peaking and Victoria was near a plateau.

The New South Wales government has ruled out a return to lockdown to counter the highly contagious omicron variant. In October, Sydney ended a 108-day lockdown because the population of Australia’s most populous city was largely vaccinated.  .  .  .

https://headlineusa.com/australia-has-record-covid-19-deaths-hospitals-under-stress/

Perhaps their death rates wouldn't be as high has their population not taken jabs specially engineered to suppress the human immune response.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Australia Has Record COVID-19 Deaths, Hospitals Under Stress
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2022, 05:13:17 am »
There are viable and effective treatments out there, for those who will look.

I bet the Chinese have their eyes on that island, too, after Taiwan.

Their people are barely armed (single shots and bolt actions) compared to what they were.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2022, 10:19:37 am »
There are viable and effective treatments out there, for those who will look.

I bet the Chinese have their eyes on that island, too, after Taiwan.

Their people are barely armed (single shots and bolt actions) compared to what they were.

As a young Catholic back in the 50's we were told the Bible foretold of the Chinese taking over the world.  Back then, my father wouldn't let anything "MADE IN JAPAN" into the house.   And he wasn't even Catholic.  LOL!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2022, 11:43:18 am »
So, how many hospital staff in AUS have been laid off or furloughed because they chose not to be vaxxed?  This strikes me as another self-inflicted wound.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2022, 11:46:08 am »
Because of covid or WITH covid....

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2022, 05:03:15 am »
As a young Catholic back in the 50's we were told the Bible foretold of the Chinese taking over the world.  Back then, my father wouldn't let anything "MADE IN JAPAN" into the house.   And he wasn't even Catholic.  LOL!
Since the Russian (soviet) navy started rusting at the pier, the Chinese have been a growing threat. Back when North Dakota's Congressional Delegation was all Democrats.
The only time they've had a hiccup was when Trump was in office.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2022, 05:12:14 am »
So, how many hospital staff in AUS have been laid off or furloughed because they chose not to be vaxxed?  This strikes me as another self-inflicted wound.
Only by the Healthcare System and the Government.

For healthcare workers, it strikes me as prudent. If they have been exposed to or had the virus and recovered, there is a strong chance they have natural immunity. Why risk a career and life changing adverse reaction to shots which do not prevent infection, do not prevent transmission, and in the instance one has comorbidities, do not, in some cases prevent death?
There are no legal means of the recipient or their loved ones recovering damages in the event of an adverse reaction because of liability waivers.
These are people on the front lines, treating patients.
in other, more sane, times we would value their expertise above the theoretical folks who don't actually treat patients. After all, these are the people who work where the rubber meets the road. They have seen the worst that COVID has to offer, often quite up close and personal.
If they don't want the shots, they likely have well considered reasons for not doing so.
If they will walk out on their careers, or at least their jobs over it, we should at least take pause to consider that they have good reason, not broad brush them with any of the labels the MSM is throwing around.

C S Lewis