Author Topic: Report: Sonia Sotomayor Still Working Remotely Because Neil Gorsuch Won’t Wear Mask in Court  (Read 1102 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: Sonia Sotomayor Still Working Remotely Because Neil Gorsuch Won’t Wear Mask in Court

Joel B. Pollak 18 Jan 2022

Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor will continue to work remotely instead of appearing in person at the U.S. Supreme Court because fellow Justice Neil Gorsuch refuses to wear a mask in court, according to a report by National Public Radio.

NPR reported Tuesday that the justices were like a “dysfunctional family”:

It was pretty jarring earlier this month when the justices of the U.S. Supreme Court took the bench for the first time since the omicron surge over the holidays. All were now wearing masks. All, that is, except Justice Neil Gorsuch. What’s more, Justice Sonia Sotomayor was not there at all, choosing instead to participate through a microphone setup in her chambers.

Sotomayor has diabetes, a condition that puts her at high risk for serious illness, or even death, from COVID-19. She has been the only justice to wear a mask on the bench since last fall when, amid a marked decline in COVID-19 cases, the justices resumed in-person arguments for the first time since the onset of the pandemic.

Now, though, the situation had changed with the omicron surge, and according to court sources, Sotomayor did not feel safe in close proximity to people who were unmasked. Chief Justice John Roberts, understanding that, in some form asked the other justices to mask up.

They all did. Except Gorsuch, who, as it happens, sits next to Sotomayor on the bench. His continued refusal since then has also meant that Sotomayor has not attended the justices’ weekly conference in person, joining instead by telephone.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/01/18/report-sonia-sotomayor-still-working-remotely-because-neil-gorsuch-wont-wear-mask/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Too bad, so sad.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
One less ugly, stupid puss to look at.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
One less ugly, stupid puss to look at.

Well she is obese, prolly prediabetic, dumb as a rock, and that whole comorbidly thing.  So she has that going for her while she phones it in.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

Well she is obese, prolly prediabetic, dumb as a rock, and that whole comorbidly thing.  So she has that going for her while she phones it in.

The OP said that she does have diabetes.

Offline EdinVA

Is that all it took to get her off the scotus....

Offline Kamaji

Apparently, she should be renamed as the "Karen" Justice of the Supreme Court.

Offline mountaineer

Er, not exactly. Turns out Roberts did not instruct the justices to wear masks.
Andrew Chung
@andrew_chung_
NEW statement from Chief Justice John Roberts: “I did not request Justice Gorsuch or any other Justice to wear a mask on the bench.”
Roberts indicated "he will have no further comment" - via court
2:26 PM · Jan 19, 2022

This whole kerfluffle is a lie perpetrated by NPR's Nina Totenberg.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

Go figure.

@mountaineer  - thanks for posting this!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Why does Nina Totenberg still have a job?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

Why does Nina Totenberg still have a job?
Why does NPR still exist?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Hoodat

Not the first time Totenberg has done that.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Why does NPR still exist?

Public Broadcasting is the most sacred of cows. Even Reagan couldn't get rid of it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Hoodat

Public Broadcasting is the most sacred of cows. Even Reagan couldn't get rid of it.

The easiest way to kill it is to simply refuse to give them the money.  Congress can appropriate money into the Treasury to be allocated to NPR, but it is 100% within the purvey of the Executive branch to issue that check to NPR.

Congress appropriates money.  Congress does not spend money.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

The easiest way to kill it is to simply refuse to give them the money.  Congress can appropriate money into the Treasury to be allocated to NPR, but it is 100% within the purvey of the Executive branch to issue that check to NPR.

Congress appropriates money.  Congress does not spend money.

Except that NPR gets the bulk of its funding from contributions and corporate sponsorships.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Except that NPR gets the bulk of its funding from contributions and corporate sponsorships.

Woke leftists corporations and endowments
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

Woke leftists corporations and endowments

True enough, but not the government.

Online Hoodat

NPR receives funding from the NEA.  Thus according to Justice Kagan, the government should be able to control what NPR reports.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

NPR receives funding from the NEA.  Thus according to Justice Kagan, the government should be able to control what NPR reports.

And no doubt if Congress chose to put strings on the money, it could.  That it does not indicates a lack of desire.

It is hornbook law that Congress can put strings on the money it doles out, whether that's for healthcare or anything else.  Why is this such a surprising fact?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
     Gorsuch, Sotomayor Call NPR Report About Mask ‘False’ in Rare Joint Statement

https://conservativebrief.com/break-58227/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

That's fine with me, as long as the taxpayers aren't paying a dime for the Anti-American rubbish.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

NEA, the teacher's union?
I will NOT comply.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
From "the gorsuch that stole Sonya's chair"

"What is this, you judicial hack?
Put on the mask and give me my seat back!"

Offline berdie

That's fine with me, as long as the taxpayers aren't paying a dime for the Anti-American rubbish.

Hey now...they give away such cute stuff. :laugh: