Author Topic: Woman who binged 32 sushi rolls at all-you-can-eat buffet rushed to hospital  (Read 592 times)

Offline Kamaji

Woman who binged 32 sushi rolls at all-you-can-eat buffet rushed to hospital

By Samantha Ibrahim
January 17, 2022

This California woman was on a roll.

Danielle Shapiro, 24, wanted to get her money’s worth at a $50 all-you-can-eat sushi buffet at Sushi 85 restaurant in Mountain View, California, last month.

But after indulging a little too much, including 32 rolls of sushi, her uncooked delights left her feeling a bit raw inside.

Following the binge, Shapiro was rushed to the emergency room with severe stomach pains. That’s where she was diagnosed with gastroesophageal reflux disease, commonly known as acid reflux.

Shapiro shared the experience in a TikTok on Dec. 23, in which she shows off the mountains of food she consumed in one sitting, and the subsequent trip to the hospital that left her with IVs in her arms.

Her warning to sushi lovers has since gone viral with over 11.3 million views.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/01/17/woman-who-ate-32-sushi-rolls-in-one-sitting-rushed-to-the-er/

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
That's a lot of bait...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

Well ma'am, that's all you can eat.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

Leave it to the professionals.  Molly Schuyler eats 15 lb sushi roll.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

Sushi is meant to be savored in small bites; not gorged on like a dog gorging on a carcass.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Woman who binged 32 sushi rolls at all-you-can-eat buffet rushed to hospital

By Samantha Ibrahim
January 17, 2022

This California woman was on a roll.

Danielle Shapiro, 24, wanted to get her money’s worth at a $50 all-you-can-eat sushi buffet at Sushi 85 restaurant in Mountain View, California, last month.

But after indulging a little too much, including 32 rolls of sushi, her uncooked delights left her feeling a bit raw inside.

Following the binge, Shapiro was rushed to the emergency room with severe stomach pains. That’s where she was diagnosed with gastroesophageal reflux disease, commonly known as acid reflux.

Shapiro shared the experience in a TikTok on Dec. 23, in which she shows off the mountains of food she consumed in one sitting, and the subsequent trip to the hospital that left her with IVs in her arms.

Her warning to sushi lovers has since gone viral with over 11.3 million views.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/01/17/woman-who-ate-32-sushi-rolls-in-one-sitting-rushed-to-the-er/

It sounds like something Homer Simpson would do.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Kamaji

:silly:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Maybe it was, did you the picture? I wouldn't want to swear to the chromosome counts in that one.

Offline roamer_1

I can't go to the Chinese all you can eat buffet here...

The little Chinaman hurries out to see me saying something like:

"Yugo way! Yugo honow!"

I don't speak Chinese, but he is an angry little man.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Did she know With Six You Get Eggroll?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Without Wasabi (or green horseradish) it's not that good IMO. Then it's to die for.