Author Topic: Report: Vulnerable House Democrats Want BBB Broken Up to Appease Base  (Read 170 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: Vulnerable House Democrats Want BBB Broken Up to Appease Base

Jacob Bliss 17 Jan 2022

Democrats in battleground districts have reportedly been trying to persuade the House leadership to consider breaking up the president’s “marquee legislation,” the Build Back Better (BBB) spending bill, into “a series of politically popular provisions that would appeal to centrist voters and core Democrats alike.”

The Washington Post reported that vulnerable House Democrats have asked to do this to show constituents they were able to achieve something since Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) said he could not vote for the bill, effectively killing the larger spending measure.

The report noted that, while their persuasion has yet to be successful, they hoped to vote on smaller measures such as “curbing prescription drug costs and extending the child tax credit” so they could attempt to “make a case that they can improve voters’ lives economically despite soaring inflation and other issues that have dragged down Biden’s approval ratings.”

Member’s reportedly pushed back at the leadership in early January when House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-MD) said breaking up the bill would be “abandoning the potentially transformative giant package,” while under the impression that the massive spending bill could still pass.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/01/17/report-vulnerable-house-democrats-want-bbb-broken-up-to-appease-base/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Report: Vulnerable House Democrats Want BBB Broken Up to Appease Base
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2022, 02:19:45 am »
We'll see what happens with this. The DEMS could possibly pass pieces of BBB legislation one at a time.  Attention will be on Manchin to see what he does.

I think Manchin may have his eyes on '24.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.