General Category > Technology

Bill Would Give U.S. Government ‘Kill Switch’ in All New Cars

<< < (3/3)

catfish1957:

--- Quote from: mountaineer on November 17, 2023, 02:24:04 pm ---Sen. Lujan told Rep. Massie he was wrong, the kill switch law "doesn't track your vehicle's location or randomly switch off cars. It prevents people from driving drunk and saves countless lives."
Massie responded:A friend of ours noticed his Apple iPhone tracked him wherever he went, including to the gun shop and the shooting range. So he keeps it in a Faraday cage. What's to say the kill switch technology couldn't do something similar?

--- End quote ---
"It prevents people from driving drunk and saves countless lives."

So how does a car know someone is drunk without an installed and used breathilizer?  This is one lying bastard.

And imagine being on a freeway going 80, and your car suddenly stops in the middle of 6 lanes like in LA or Houston.  Real safe there I tell ya.   :thud:

catfish1957:

--- Quote from: mountaineer on November 17, 2023, 02:24:04 pm ---Sen. Lujan told Rep. Massie he was wrong, the kill switch law "doesn't track your vehicle's location or randomly switch off cars. It prevents people from driving drunk and saves countless lives."
Massie responded:A friend of ours noticed his Apple iPhone tracked him wherever he went, including to the gun shop and the shooting range. So he keeps it in a Faraday cage. What's to say the kill switch technology couldn't do something similar?

--- End quote ---

That is why I use a cheap pre-paid flip phone that I only use on long trips for emergencies.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version