Author Topic: Soft-on-crime Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg has become a big problem for Gov. Hochul  (Read 226 times)

Offline Kamaji

Soft-on-crime Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg has become a big problem for Gov. Hochul

By Charles Gasparino

January 15, 2022

Gov. Kathy Hochul looked like she had the state’s fat-cat ­donor club so in her pocket that she could easily glide above a couple of Democratic primary opponents — and whomever the GOP throws at her in the 2022 governor’s race.

Then came Alvin Bragg.

I hear that several Big Business community fund­raisers who have either given to Hochul or planned to do so are now looking to play hardball because she’s gone silent on the new Manhattan DA and his loopy get-out-of-jail card for criminals.

Bragg has become the poster child for “progressive” reforms thanks to a leaked policy mandate that outlined his heinous plans to allow most criminals to go free. And as I was first to report last week, the New York business community is going nuts. The city needs business and tourism in Manhattan to flourish or it’s doomed.

Continued high crime is the quickest way to kill the city’s economy (remember pre-Giuliani NYC?). So big biz bombarded their normally reticent lobbying group, the Partnership for New York City — and its normally restrained CEO, Kathryn Wylde — with some blistering calls for action.

‘Misunderstood’?

After feeling like a piñata, Wylde turned to Bragg and asked for a meeting. He politely obliged and told Wylde his policies were being “misunderstood,” without specifying what part of the memo that he wrote was taken out of context.

If it’s hard to digest the absurdity of all of that, you’re not alone. Members of the partnership — which includes some of the biggest, most powerful players in corporate America since nearly all the big banks and real estate outfits are located here — aren’t waiting for their Jan. 21 scheduled meeting with Bragg to take action.

In fact, as I’ve heard from several NYC business leaders, they’ve heard enough from Bragg already and want either him out or his policies banished to some Ivy League college safe space.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/01/15/manhattan-da-alvin-bragg-has-become-a-big-problem-for-gov-hochul/

Offline Kamaji

May the two of them rot in each other's Hell.

On the other hand, together, they may hasten the day when we have (a) another Giuliani type in NYC, and (b) another republican governor.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Kamaji predicts:
"On the other hand, together, they may hasten the day when we have (a) another Giuliani type in NYC"

Not gonna happen.
The demographics have changed to much, and are continuing to change.
Particularly now that illegals will be able to vote in city elections.
And I'll reckon a good number of the people who have moved out in the past two years are Republicans. They won't be coming back.

The days of a Republican winning the mayoralty in New York are over.

Offline Kamaji

Kamaji predicts:
"On the other hand, together, they may hasten the day when we have (a) another Giuliani type in NYC"

Not gonna happen.
The demographics have changed to much, and are continuing to change.
Particularly now that illegals will be able to vote in city elections.
And I'll reckon a good number of the people who have moved out in the past two years are Republicans. They won't be coming back.

The days of a Republican winning the mayoralty in New York are over.

WADR, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"you have no idea what you're talking about."

I live in CT, not NY state.

But I spent much of my working life in and out of the City, I know what goes on there.
Back in the days of Fort Apache, Abe Beame and Dinkins in the South Bronx, that's where I worked: at the Oak Point Freight yard in the shadows of Bruckner Boulevard. Also at the Hunts Point market up there.

Where were you in those days?

Offline Kamaji

"you have no idea what you're talking about."

I live in CT, not NY state.

But I spent much of my working life in and out of the City, I know what goes on there.
Back in the days of Fort Apache, Abe Beame and Dinkins in the South Bronx, that's where I worked: at the Oak Point Freight yard in the shadows of Bruckner Boulevard. Also at the Hunts Point market up there.

Where were you in those days?

Ahh, yes, CT.  Where all the hedge fund bois run off to.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
NYC, the only city that has a state for a suburb.

Very liberal entities will elect a Republican if things get really bad or they need a scapegoat.
Countdown to Resignation