Author Topic: GOP Must Follow the Virginia Blueprint  (Read 588 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
GOP Must Follow the Virginia Blueprint
« on: January 17, 2022, 01:49:58 pm »
The Post & Email by Jeff Crouere 1/16/2022

For decades, Republican Party elected officials have tried to make nice with their Democratic Party colleagues, the liberal media and deep state bureaucrats. Instead of acting like courageous conservative leaders, they ended up delivering policies that were Democrat-lite.

This capitulation led to the catastrophe the country is now facing under the Biden administration. President Joe Biden entered office after a disputed election, with no voter mandate, but that did not stop him from launching the most left-wing agenda of any administration in American history. His first year in office has been an utter catastrophe, the worst start of any American President.

Despite his disastrous results, in one respect, Republicans need to learn from Biden and his fellow Democrats, who do not compromise with their political adversaries or capitulate. They always push forward with an increasingly bold assault on our freedoms and our constitutional rights, while enhancing the power and authority of the government, raising taxes, issuing mandates, and engaging in more unlawful surveillance of the public.

Republicans tend to compromise and surrender, which usually enrages their loyal base of small donors and grassroots supporters. It is one of the reasons that Donald Trump was elected President of the United States in 2016. Republican voters were eager for an outsider, not a captive of the corrupt political system in Washington, D.C.

In the last year, Republican Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has done incredible work advocating a freedom-oriented agenda while battling the media, the Democrats, and the Biden administration. Hopefully, the same type of courage will be displayed by the newly- elected Republican leaders in Virginia. Fortunately, all the recent signs are very encouraging.

Since 2006, Virginia had been moving to the ideological left. Their voters elected Democrats to the United States Senate and awarded their electoral votes to Democratic presidential candidates. With the influx of more government employees into northern Virginia, the state had turned reliably “blue” in recent years.

More: https://www.thepostemail.com/2022/01/16/gop-must-follow-the-virginia-blueprint/

Offline LMAO

Re: GOP Must Follow the Virginia Blueprint
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2022, 02:21:05 pm »
From the article….

“Fortunately, the new leadership team in Virginia is serious about changing their state and taking courageous actions. They are showing Republican Party elected officials how to decisively fulfill campaign promises. These resolute Virginia leaders should be the role models for the Republican Party in 2022 and beyond.”

Bears repeating
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2022, 02:31:36 pm »
the new leadership team in Virginia is serious about changing their state

We'll see.... Signing EO's is easy, battling the state legislature, unions, media and left takes courage and determination.
Now that the low hanging fruit is gone, lets see some real repeals and SCOTUS cases.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2022, 02:51:27 pm »
No, I prefer the Florida blueprint.

Youngkin does not have the conservative creds like DeSantis
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2022, 03:11:13 pm »

I'll take either over the crap sandwich we usually get from the GOPe.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2022, 03:26:13 pm »

:thumbsup:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2022, 06:35:28 pm »
I'll accept that now, but will always strive to improve
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2022, 12:31:21 am »

Creds shmeds.  Youngkin doesn't have DeSantis's republican majorities in both houses of the state legislature.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2022, 12:35:32 am »
Either one is an improvement over the status quo ante.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2022, 12:41:59 am »
Creds shmeds.  Youngkin doesn't have DeSantis's republican majorities in both houses of the state legislature.

You are correct @Right_in_Virginia it makes a difference and they are pretty conservative. From what I've seen and heard from Youngkin so far, I think he deserves a big pat on the back for crying out loud. 

I am happy for the State of Virginia.   :patriot:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2022, 12:47:12 am »
You are correct @Right_in_Virginia it makes a difference and they are pretty conservative. From what I've seen and heard from Youngkin so far, I think he deserves a big pat on the back for crying out loud. 

I am happy for the State of Virginia.   :patriot:

Thanks @libertybele   888high58888

Offline Absalom

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2022, 01:24:13 am »
Any & all modern blueprints are worth less than zero!!!!
Want a timeless model of resonant Governance??????
Adopt the 2,500 year old Principles, Precepts and Rules of the Athenian Assembly led by Pericles!!!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 01:27:13 am by Absalom »

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2022, 06:14:36 am »
Any & all modern blueprints are worth less than zero!!!!
Want a timeless model of resonant Governance??????
Adopt the 2,500 year old Principles, Precepts and Rules of the Athenian Assembly led by Pericles!!!

The Age of Pericles (!!!) lasted 30 years; the Athenian Empire lasted 180 years.  Just what 2,500 year old principles, precepts and rules of Pericles should we adopt?

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2022, 04:08:44 pm »
The Age of Pericles (!!!) lasted 30 years; the Athenian Empire lasted 180 years.  Just what 2,500 year old principles, precepts and rules of Pericles should we adopt?

:silly:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2022, 04:13:09 pm »

The ones we should avoid at all costs going forward are those of the GOPe!  We have GOT to stop letting those bastards tell us who we can elect to represent us.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Absalom

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2022, 08:08:24 pm »
------------------------------
You're smart enough to know that Principles endure, transcending the time of their creators.
The Principles of Greek governance taught Rome which endured for 1,200 years.
Then Rome's Colonies created the Europe of our time.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2022, 08:10:29 pm »
Republicans need to grow some stones and start fighting FOR something other than the status quo.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2022, 09:14:10 pm »
------------------------------
You're smart enough to know that Principles endure, transcending the time of their creators.
The Principles of Greek governance taught Rome which endured for 1,200 years.
Then Rome's Colonies created the Europe of our time.

Do not change the subject.

Name the damn principles of Pericles that ushered in modern Western civilization and you insist we adopt.  Put some meat on your wishbone.

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2022, 09:16:06 pm »
The ones we should avoid at all costs going forward are those of the GOPe!  We have GOT to stop letting those bastards tell us who we can elect to represent us.

Could't agree with you more @Bigun

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2022, 10:53:06 pm »
From the article….

“Fortunately, the new leadership team in Virginia is serious about changing their state and taking courageous actions. They are showing Republican Party elected officials how to decisively fulfill campaign promises. These resolute Virginia leaders should be the role models for the Republican Party in 2022 and beyond.”

Bears repeating

Not gonna happen with the Stupid Party in charge.  We'll probably win both Houses in November, but it's back to "Eff You Charlie" before Inauguration day in 2023.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Absalom

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2022, 02:58:04 am »
Do not change the subject.
Name the damn principles of Pericles that ushered in modern Western civilization and you insist we adopt. 
Put some meat on your wishbone.
----------------------------
Assuming you've learned how to read:
* The Family unit of Father, Mother and Children form the eternal core of Civilization.
* Custom and continuity stabilize society.
* Prescription affirms past precedents as superior to any/all current notions.
* Prudence demands all decisions be measured against future consequences.
* While the Psyche (Soul) renders all Men unequal, diversity promotes creativity.
* Tolerance must be promoted as Man is not perfectible.
* The Wise speak as they have something to say while the Fool speaks because his inner urges compel it.
His remaining dozens are in the building w/the books.