Author Topic: Salt Lake City Tribune editorial calls for National Guard to keep unvaccinated people in their homes  (Read 432 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Unbelievable and dangerous liberal minds at a major paper.   

The Salt Lake City Tribune editorial board published an editorial on Saturday that called on the Utah governor to use the National Guard to prevent unvaccinated citizens from going anywhere.

In an editorial titled, "Utah leaders have surrendered to COVID pandemic, the Editorial Board writes" the paper lays blame at elected officials for failing to mandate the vaccine for all citizens. The paper asserted that if Utah was a "civilized place," Republican Gov. Spencer Cox would implement a COVID-19 vaccine mandate for the state and have the National Guard enforce the mandate by not letting unvaccinated people go "anywhere."

"Were Utah a truly civilized place, the governor’s next move would be to find a way to mandate the kind of mass vaccination campaign we should have launched a year ago, going as far as to deploy the National Guard to ensure that people without proof of vaccination would not be allowed, well, anywhere," the editorial board wrote.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/salt-lake-city-tribune-op-ed-calls-national-guard-keep-unvaccinated-people-locked-down
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

:facepalm2:

I did not realize that Utah was such a bastion of proto-fascism.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

It is instructive that these demons wish to lockdown perfectly healthy people unvaccinated while vaccinated people who actually have the virus are free to roam.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
"Unbelievable and dangerous liberal minds (at a major paper). "   That describes most journalists.

The MSM is our enemy.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 07:08:35 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Kamaji

"Unbelievable and dangerous liberal minds (at a major paper). "   That describes most journalists.

The MSM is our enemy.

:thumbsup:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"I did not realize that Utah was such a bastion of proto-fascism."

I remember being in Salt Lake City in the early 1980's.
My thoughts were that it was the most beautiful and "livable" city I'd seen in the USA.
I'm sure it's changed since then...

Offline Hoodat

"I did not realize that Utah was such a bastion of proto-fascism."

I remember being in Salt Lake City in the early 1980's.
My thoughts were that it was the most beautiful and "livable" city I'd seen in the USA.
I'm sure it's changed since then...

Provo is even better.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
I can't believe Utah would allow such cult-like behavior
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Hoodat

Yeah, you would think.  But then again .  .  .

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me

Let it burn.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Yeah, you would think.  But then again .  .  .

Ah Mittens.  I predict he will run again and with his niece Ronna in charge of the RNC, what could possibly go correctly??
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Kamaji

Good point!