Author Topic: Winsome Sears: ‘I Am the Embodiment of What We’re Trying to Achieve in America’  (Read 649 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Winsome Sears: ‘I Am the Embodiment of What We’re Trying to Achieve in America’

Pam Key 16 Jan 2022

Virginia Lt. Gov. Winsome Sears (R) said Sunday on Fox News Channel’s “Fox & Friends Weekend” that her election means she was “the embodiment of what we’re trying to achieve in America.”

Sears said, “I’m just going to repeat what our current President Biden and our current Vice President Harris has said about racism when they were asked, ‘Is racism systemic in America?’ Their answer was absolutely no. And so, I am the embodiment of what we’re trying to achieve in America. We want everyone to have equal opportunity. And here I sit today to say it can happen. I am so tired of those who look at life as being the glass is half empty. What a negative way to continue to view life because you know life is going to hit you hard, and you have to be prepared for it. You come out of the womb screaming. That ought to be an indication of how things are going to be, the rich suffer-yes- the poor suffer and everybody in between. We can make it. We can make it.”

She added, “For me certainly my very first duty is to preside over the senate. I am hoping I get as many tie-breaking votes as our outgoing lieutenant governor. He had 52, and I am raring to go. We are going to be repealing some of the really bad laws that made no sense and turned us against each other.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/01/16/winsome-sears-i-am-the-embodiment-of-what-were-trying-to-achieve-in-america/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

VA just swore in Youngkin (R), so things are looking up for this state.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Attended the inauguration yesterday and the best way to describe the (Republican) mood was controlled euphoria.   We ere waiting for this:

And this .....

Newly-inaugurated Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin began his term Saturday by issuing a batch of executive orders reflective of the conservative — and sometimes controversial — positions he campaigned on.

Executive Orders:

Executive Order Number One delivers on his Day One promise to restore excellence in education by ending the use of divisive concepts, including Critical Race Theory, in public education.

Executive Order Number Two delivers on his Day One promise to empower Virginia parents in their children’s education and upbringing by allowing parents to make decisions on whether their child wears a mask in school.

Executive Order Number Three delivers on his Day One promise to restore integrity and confidence in the Parole Board of the Commonwealth of Virginia.

Executive Order Number Four delivers on his Day One promise to investigate wrongdoing in Loudoun County.

Executive Order Number Five delivers on his Day One promise to make government work for Virginians by creating the Commonwealth Chief Transformation Officer.

Executive Order Number Six delivers on his Day One promise to declare Virginia open for business.

Executive Order Number Seven delivers on his Day One promise to combat and prevent human trafficking and provide support to survivors.

Executive Order Number Eight delivers on his Day One promise to establish a commission to combat antisemitism.

Executive Order Number Nine delivers on his Day One promise to withdraw from the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI).

Executive Directives:

Executive Directive Number One delivers on his fulfilling his Day One promise to jumpstart our economy by cutting job killing regulations by 25 percent.

Executive Directive Number Two delivers on his fulfilling his Day One promise to restore individual freedoms and personal privacy by rescinding the vaccine mandate for all state employees.

https://wtop.com/local-politics-elections-news/2022/01/new-va-gov-youngkin-issues-executive-orders-on-covid-mandates-crt-and-more/

Ethan Lynne
@ethanclynne

Glenn Youngkin just removed the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion section of the Virginia Governor’s website. Sickening.

7:25 PM · Jan 15, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

Heads are starting to explode.   wink777

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It sounds like Virginia has a good team  at the top. I hope they are keeping their eyes open for sabotage attempts by the usual suspects.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Laura Vozzella
@LVozzella

The first Black woman to serve in statewide office in Virginia gavels the Senate to order. ⁦@WinsomeSears

Offline Kamaji

It sounds like Virginia has a good team  at the top. I hope they are keeping their eyes open for sabotage attempts by the usual suspects.

:thumbsup:

Unfortunately, that means not only members of the democrat party, but squishies in the GOP as well.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
:thumbsup:

Unfortunately, that means not only members of the democrat party, but squishies in the GOP as well.
Unfortunately, that's true. All squishes should be noted and primary candidates groomed to replace them.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis