Author Topic: Inspector General Finds Rampant Fraud in U-Visa Program  (Read 157 times)

rangerrebew

Inspector General Finds Rampant Fraud in U-Visa Program
« on: January 16, 2022, 05:32:12 pm »
Inspector General Finds Rampant Fraud in U-Visa Program

Published: 
Thu, Jan 13th 2022 @ 12:03 pm EST

The Inspector General for the Department of Homeland Security found rampant fraud over the years in the U-Visa program that provides a visa to illegal alien victims of crime.

The Inspector General also found that the program provides little assistance to local police in the investigation of crimes, despite claims from the program's supporters.

"We identified 10 USCIS-approved petitions with forged, unauthorized, altered or suspicious law enforcement certifications," the Inspector General's report said. "Our survey of 57 certifying law enforcement agencies across the United States also indicated the program is not helpful for solving crimes. Of those surveyed, 61 percent stated the program does not significantly improve their ability to investigate and solve crimes, and 54 percent believe petitioners abuse the program.”

The Inspector General reported that many of the long-standing issues identified within the program have not been addressed.

https://www.numbersusa.com/news/inspector-general-finds-rampant-fraud-u-visa-program

rangerrebew

Re: Inspector General Finds Rampant Fraud in U-Visa Program
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2022, 05:35:15 pm »
I have complete faith the Biden administration will take care of this "minor problem" now they are aware of it.  I also have faith that if I'm driving my car across railroad tracks I won't be injured if I'm hit by a train going 60 MPH. :silly: