Author Topic: Report: CDC Considering Altering Masking Guidance to Recommend N95, KN95  (Read 423 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: CDC Considering Altering Masking Guidance to Recommend N95, KN95

Hannah Bleau 11 Jan 2022

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is reportedly considering altering its masking guidance to recommend individuals wear “highly protective N95 or KN95 masks,” the Washington Post reported on Monday.

Citing an official “close to the deliberations who was not authorized to speak publicly,” the Post reported that the federal health agency is considering the recommendation change in the wake of the highly contagious omicron variant, despite the fact that it appears to be a more mild form of the illness.

“The agency is currently actively looking to update its recommendations for KN95 and N95 in light of omicron,” the official said, according to the Post. “We know these masks provide better filtration.”

That stands in stark contrast to the initial position of public health officials, who urged Americans to wear cloth or surgical masks, particularly at the beginning of the pandemic, in order to preserve other PPE for healthcare workers. However, health officials are now not as concerned with a shortage of N95 masks.

According to the outlet:

The updated guidance is expected to say that the best mask is the one that is worn consistently and correctly. N95 masks, which were predominantly used in health-care and industrial settings before the pandemic, are supposed to be individually fitted and are sometimes hard to wear all day, physicians and other health-care personnel have said. The CDC guidance is expected to say that if people can “tolerate wearing a KN95 or N95 mask all day, you should.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/01/11/report-cdc-considering-altering-masking-guidance-to-recommend-n95-kn95/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Report: CDC Considering Altering Masking Guidance to Recommend N95, KN95
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2022, 12:24:20 am »
Yup.  Here we go; doubling down on stupid.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2022, 12:26:23 am »
Those masks will simply lead to more infections because they're much more uncomfortable, which will lead to a lot more fidgeting and pulling them off and on, and then rubbing eyes and nose with the hand that just touched the outer layer of the mask.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

But, it does fit into the continuing sheep-control narrative the democrats/US fascists want to impose on all of us.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2022, 05:51:16 pm »
The CDC guidance is expected to say that if people can “tolerate wearing a KN95 or N95 mask all day, you should.”
Nobody wears any sort of muzzle all day... and especially not at home where most virus spread happens.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2022, 05:52:21 pm »
Instead of moving the goal posts, anyone up to sticking the goal post up their asses?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2022, 05:54:58 pm »
Yup.  Here we go; doubling down on stupid.

Wonder how many asthma attacks, heart attacks, strokes, or other pulmonary emergencies are going to be triggered by using N95 or KN95 masks.  I know they make me winded after about 10 minutes of use.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2022, 05:58:26 pm »
Instead of moving the goal posts, anyone up to sticking the goal post up their asses?

Count me in!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2022, 06:01:16 pm »
Wonder how many asthma attacks, heart attacks, strokes, or other pulmonary emergencies are going to be triggered by using N95 or KN95 masks.  I know they make me winded after about 10 minutes of use.

My grandson has asthma and he wears a cloth mask so he can breathe!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 06:38:14 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2022, 06:32:27 pm »

I have a friend who is asthmatic and just got over COVID and tried a N95, and ditched it.  She couldn't breathe!

I'm trying to find KN95 masks and can't find anything made in the USA, but I might rethink getting some.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2022, 04:11:55 pm »
Kyle Becker
@kylenabecker
By the way, N95 masks are NOT meant to be worn by the general public for extended periods of time.
“They’re very hard to breathe in when you wear them properly,” CDC Director Walensky said in January. “They’re very hard to tolerate when you wear them for long periods of time.”

Kyle Becker
@kylenabecker
“Cloth masks aren’t going to provide a lot of protection, that’s the bottom line. This is an airborne illness. We now [sic] understand that. And a cloth mask is not going to protect you from a virus that spreads through airborne transmission." — Dr. Scott Gottlieb
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2022, 04:40:49 pm »
I won't wear an N95 mask except when it is clearly indicated by something other than political expediency and power plays.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2022, 12:05:57 am »
Who wants to tell the CDC their reign of terror is over?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2022, 12:40:29 am »
Kyle Becker
@kylenabecker
By the way, N95 masks are NOT meant to be worn by the general public for extended periods of time.
“They’re very hard to breathe in when you wear them properly,” CDC Director Walensky said in January. “They’re very hard to tolerate when you wear them for long periods of time.”

Kyle Becker
@kylenabecker
“Cloth masks aren’t going to provide a lot of protection, that’s the bottom line. This is an airborne illness. We now [sic] understand that. And a cloth mask is not going to protect you from a virus that spreads through airborne transmission." — Dr. Scott Gottlieb

...hmmm I thought that they determined that COVID was airborne a long time ago; you know, they claimed it could travel 6 ft. or further, so is this supposed to be something new or have they forgotten their older lies??

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2022, 02:50:47 am »

...hmmm I thought that they determined that COVID was airborne a long time ago; you know, they claimed it could travel 6 ft. or further, so is this supposed to be something new or have they forgotten their older lies??
Didn't they also admit sometime back that they pulled that 6 ft. number out their azzes?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2022, 02:54:45 am »
Didn't they also admit sometime back that they pulled that 6 ft. number out their azzes?

When they went from claiming it traveled 10 ft. and then lowered it to 6 ft. was my first clue.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2022, 05:41:11 am »

Yes, they did.