Author Topic: WHO recommends two new drugs to combat COVID-19 infection  (Read 388 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
WHO recommends two new drugs to combat COVID-19 infection
« on: January 15, 2022, 02:13:56 am »
By Lexi Lonas - 01/14/22 07:49 PM EST

The World Health Organization (WHO) recommended two new drugs to combat COVID-19 infections.

The first new drug that is recommended for critical COVID-19 cases is baricitinib, an oral drug that suppresses the immune system when overstimulated.

The WHO recommends baricitinib is given with corticosteroids.

The second drug which should be used for mild cases where a person has a high chance of hospitalization is sotrovimab, a monoclonal antibody drug.

This should be given to individuals who are unvaccinated, older, have a compromised immune system or are obese, according to the WHO.

“The extent to which these medicines will save lives depends on how widely available and affordable they will be,” the WHO said in its statement.

The recommendations come as concerns arise that existing COVID-19 treatments will not be effective against the omicron variant.

The two drugs were also invited on Friday to go through the WHO’s Prequalification Unit, which “assesses the quality, efficacy and safety of priority health products to increase access in lower income countries.”

more
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/589869-who-recommends-two-new-drugs-to-combat-covid-19-infection
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: WHO recommends two new drugs to combat COVID-19 infection
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2022, 02:18:21 am »
By Lexi Lonas - 01/14/22 07:49 PM EST

The World Health Organization (WHO) recommended two new drugs to combat COVID-19 infections.

The first new drug that is recommended for critical COVID-19 cases is baricitinib, an oral drug that suppresses the immune system when overstimulated.

The WHO recommends baricitinib is given with corticosteroids.

The second drug which should be used for mild cases where a person has a high chance of hospitalization is sotrovimab, a monoclonal antibody drug.

This should be given to individuals who are unvaccinated, older, have a compromised immune system or are obese, according to the WHO.

“The extent to which these medicines will save lives depends on how widely available and affordable they will be,” the WHO said in its statement.

The recommendations come as concerns arise that existing COVID-19 treatments will not be effective against the omicron variant.

The two drugs were also invited on Friday to go through the WHO’s Prequalification Unit, which “assesses the quality, efficacy and safety of priority health products to increase access in lower income countries.”

more
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/589869-who-recommends-two-new-drugs-to-combat-covid-19-infection

I have two words for the World Health Organization:  IVERMECTIN & ZINC
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2022, 02:52:42 am »

IMPORTANT WARNING:
Taking baricitinib may decrease your ability to fight infection and increase the risk that you will get a serious infection, including severe fungal, bacterial, or viral infections that spread through the body. These infections may need to be treated in a hospital and may cause death.

https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a618033.html
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2022, 02:57:05 am »
Sure the first thing I want to do when I am trying to avoid or fight off an infection/disease is suppress my immune system, makes perfect sense, to some mind numbed proletariat robot.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2022, 07:35:22 am »
Sure the first thing I want to do when I am trying to avoid or fight off an infection/disease is suppress my immune system, makes perfect sense, to some mind numbed proletariat robot.
Mild suppresssion may be indicated in severe late stage cases. The body's immune system starts attacking the body.

It can be warded off by using antihistamines, to some degree, and both Hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin have the effect to some degree as well. (Ivermectin might also, but I haven't seen anything on that).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online rustynail

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2022, 10:22:20 am »
WHO recommends two new drugs to combat COVID-19 infection?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2022, 02:01:41 pm »

@GtHawk

Yeah,but it DOES make sense to an emerging new "Master Race" that is planning to take total control of the world,and who want to start culling out "the weak,the lame,the lazy,the "needy" elderly and others that might cause them problems.

Such as the street "soldiers" they are supporting at the moment who might cause future trouble when they find themselves as worker bees in menial jobs instead of the masters they thought they were going to become.

ANYBODY that TRULY believes the left is kind and compassionate to the handicapped,the needy,the "intellectually challenged",and "street warrior activists" has never read a history book.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 02:03:31 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2022, 06:10:41 am »
@GtHawk

Yeah,but it DOES make sense to an emerging new "Master Race" that is planning to take total control of the world,and who want to start culling out "the weak,the lame,the lazy,the "needy" elderly and others that might cause them problems.

Such as the street "soldiers" they are supporting at the moment who might cause future trouble when they find themselves as worker bees in menial jobs instead of the masters they thought they were going to become.

ANYBODY that TRULY believes the left is kind and compassionate to the handicapped,the needy,the "intellectually challenged",and "street warrior activists" has never read a history book.
The objective is to ward off a Cytokine Storm, where the immune system goes whole hog overboard and starts attacking vital organs. HCQ and Ivermectin and Macrolide antibiotics have that regulatory capacity, even though it isn't completely understood why (just observed) with the Macrolide Antibiotics.

The objective isn't to shut down the immune system, just to keep it from going nuts.

https://ufhealth.org/news/2020/existing-antihistamine-drugs-show-effectiveness-against-covid-19-virus-cell-testing
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7833340/

https://scitechdaily.com/two-common-over-the-counter-compounds-reduce-covid-19-virus-replication-by-99-in-early-testing/
https://www.news18.com/news/world/indian-american-doctor-identifies-possible-treatment-to-prevent-life-threatening-conditions-resulting-in-covid-19-deaths-3102959.html
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis