Author Topic: Word goes woke: Microsoft introduces new feature that suggests PC alternatives when someone types ph  (Read 1139 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Daily Mail by Sam Baker 1/13/2022

Word goes woke: Microsoft introduces new feature that suggests PC alternatives when someone types phrases that could offend snowflakes like 'mankind'

•   Microsoft has rolled out a new feature which checks for potentially offensive words and phrases

•   The new checker produced purple line beneath any problematic sections of text

•   The software will also produce some PC alternatives to the flagged phrases

•   'Humankind' is suggested alternative for Neil Armstrong's 'one giant leap for mankind' speech

Microsoft has included a new function in the latest version of its Word software that acts as a checker for inclusivity and offers PC alternatives to phrases which could upset others.

Traditionally, Microsoft Word has offered tools to its 250million users such as checking software for spelling, punctuation and grammar.

But now, the tech giant has added an additional feature which reads through a user's work and examines whether the language used may offend an individual.

The Sun reports it does this by highlighting phrases focusing on gender, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity of 'socioeconomic status'.

The function, which produces a purple line beneath words or phrases it deems to be potentially problematic, can be turned on and off in Word's settings.

More: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10396809/Microsoft-introduces-new-woke-feature-Word-tries-suggest-PC-alternatives.html

Offline libertybele

With this continued 'woke' crappola there's no way to deprogram our kids.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline dfwgator

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
I think I'll stay with my 2013 version of Word.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Who uses Word anymore?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

Offline mountaineer

With this continued 'woke' crappola there's no way to deprogram our kids.
Too many kids already can't construct a coherent sentence. This won't help.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

More BS to turn off and ignore.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Almost sounds like the Babylon Bee...

Offline roamer_1

More BS to turn off and ignore.

Yeah... Hope they've got it in settings:

[X] Turn off my woke-ass bullcrap

But prolly not. I have been waiting all my life for English (Redneck) to be offered in language selection... Never goes my way.  :shrug: