Author Topic: When will the House GOP do something about its Liz Cheney problem?  (Read 177 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
January 14, 2022
When will the House GOP do something about its Liz Cheney problem?
By David Zukerman

Poor Ross Douthat, unable to chide the left without throwing in an anti-Trump comment to keep The New York Times' management happy.  This light bulb was switched on by his January 13 column, "Let's Not invent a Civil War."  Through paragraphs remarkably turgid, one sensed that Douthat was dismissing leftist talk of a looming civil war between the red and blue states.  Yet the following appeared in the penultimate paragraph: " want to stress that the problems that undergird the civil war hypothesis are serious, the divisions in our country are considerable and dangerous, the specific perils associated with a Trump resurgence in 2024 are entirely real."

There is no mention in this column of the divisions resulting from the aggressive vows of "resistance" following the election of Donald J. Trump as our 45th president, November 8, 2016 — and certainly not of the perils that threatened to flow from false and specious assertions that Mr. Trump was a "Siberian Candidate," as the title of Paul Krugman's July 22, 2016 Times column charged.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/01/when_will_the_house_gop_do_something_about_its_liz_cheney_problem.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: When will the House GOP do something about its Liz Cheney problem?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2022, 12:37:26 am »
They're not going to do anything.

Maybe... just maybe... the voters of Wyoming will "do something" come November.
That remains to be seen.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2022, 12:43:43 am »
They're not going to do anything.

Maybe... just maybe... the voters of Wyoming will "do something" come November.
That remains to be seen.

Wouldn't that be a delightful shocker if she lost her seat?
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2022, 08:32:45 pm »
What could the House GOP actually do?

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2022, 08:37:23 pm »
What could the House GOP actually do?

Cheney's job is to fulfill her promises and duties as representative to her constituents; not to win a popularity contest in the House.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2022, 08:38:42 pm »
Cheney's job is to fulfill her promises and duties as representative to her constituents; not to win a popularity contest in the House.

Fair enough, but the article stresses what the House GOP can do.