Author Topic: Biden to host Manchin, Sinema at White House to discuss voting rights  (Read 274 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden to host Manchin, Sinema at White House to discuss voting rights
By Morgan Chalfant - 01/13/22 06:42 PM EST

President Biden is expected to meet with Sens. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) and Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.) on Thursday evening about voting rights as the president looks to find a path forward to passing legislation.   

“The President will host Senator Manchin and Senator Sinema at the White House this evening to discuss voting rights,” the White House said. 

The election reform bills are on the brink of failure in the Senate unless Biden can convince the senators’ to throw their support behind altering the filibuster to overcome GOP opposition. 

The closed-door meeting comes hours after Biden went to Capitol Hill to attend a Senate Democratic caucus lunch to discuss the voting rights bills, which have been stalled in the Senate amid Republican opposition. 

Biden is trying to change both senators’ minds on altering the legislative filibuster, the 60-vote threshold required to advance most legislation, in order to pass the Freedom to Vote Act and the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act. 

However, Manchin and Sinema, centrist Democrats, both reiterated their opposition to eliminating or weakening the filibuster earlier Thursday and it’s unclear what Biden could say to alter their positions. 

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/589694-biden-to-host-manchin-sinema-at-white-house-to-discuss-voting-rights
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Re: Biden to host Manchin, Sinema at White House to discuss voting rights
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2022, 11:52:39 pm »
If I were Manchin or Sinema I wouldn't drink or eat anything offered by China Joe and cronies.  :whistle:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my county to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2022, 12:52:48 am »
If I were Manchin or Sinema I just wouldn't go to the meeting. LET'S GO BRANDON!

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2022, 01:09:26 am »
If I were Manchin or Sinema I just wouldn't go to the meeting. LET'S GO BRANDON!

Definitely a much better idea.  :beer:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my county to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2022, 01:15:08 am »
I suspect the main course at dinner will be Bribery, with a side of Extortion.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2022, 01:21:00 am »

I think members from both sides of the aisle have already lined their pockets. I'd be going into the meeting with the audio recorder on my phone on.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 01:24:46 am by libertybele »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2022, 01:42:32 am »
At the risk of repeating myself once too often, Manchin can be bought.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2022, 02:02:57 am »
Sen. Sinema drives a stake through the heart of the Biden Agenda  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1481703967180607493

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2022, 02:09:10 am »
Manchin says he won't vote to 'eliminate or weaken the filibuster'
The Hill, Jan 13, 2022

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/589653-manchin-says-he-wont-vote-to-eliminate-or-weaken-the-filibuster

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2022, 02:10:04 am »

And Sinema's base support is weak enough that it might come down to caving vs. political self preservation.  This thing isn't over yet.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2022, 02:16:50 am »

I don't trust him....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2022, 02:22:18 am »

“Few men have virtue to withstand the highest bidder. “

George Washington, Letter to Major-General Robert Howe, 17 August 1779
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2022, 06:19:10 pm »
“Few men have virtue to withstand the highest bidder. “

George Washington, Letter to Major-General Robert Howe, 17 August 1779

That quote confuses me.  Does it mean it's OK to sell out to the second highest bidder?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2022, 06:22:41 pm »
Praying to God that He gives them the strength of will to resist his threats and idle promises.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2022, 06:27:44 pm »
That quote confuses me.  Does it mean it's OK to sell out to the second highest bidder?

I think it means there are few men who won't sell out when the price gets right. And history shows that to be true.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2022, 06:31:52 pm »
I hope Joe knows not everyone likes to eat banana pudding for lunch
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2022, 06:50:01 pm »
I think it means there are few men who won't sell out when the price gets right. And history shows that to be true.

Yeah, I was just being a wise guy.... :cool:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: