Author Topic: Texas School District Orders Teachers Not to ‘Out’ Transgender Students to Their Own Parents  (Read 433 times)

Offline Kamaji

Texas School District Orders Teachers Not to ‘Out’ Transgender Students to Their Own Parents

By Eric Lendrum

January 14, 2022

Amiddle school in Texas instructed its teachers to not reveal any “transgender” or “non-binary” students’ identities to their own parents, drawing significant backlash from parents in the district.

According to the Daily Caller, the controversy originated at Walsh Middle School (WMS), which is part of the Round Rock Independent School District (RRISD). The instructions were given as part of a teacher training seminar, which included a PowerPoint presentation outlining these orders.

The most controversial slide, titled “What NOT to Do” regarding a student’s alleged “transgender” identity, is the sentence “DO NOT contact their parents and out them to their families.” The slide continues by claiming that “it is potentially dangerous and could be long-term damaging for the student.” Other slides in the presentation include “What if I make a mistake and misgender someone,” as well as “pronoun tips.”

One slide bizarrely claims that “strangers,” including school counselors, can be “dangerous,” and even fatal, for “transgender” students.

Source:  https://amgreatness.com/2022/01/14/texas-school-district-orders-teachers-not-to-out-transgender-students-to-their-own-parents/

Offline Kamaji

So, even Texas is not immune from the depredations of the transgender gestapo.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Well, Round Rock is a Bedroom community for Austin. It sits just across the county line of bright blue Travis county.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

Well, Round Rock is a Bedroom community for Austin. It sits just across the county line of bright blue Travis county.

Fair dinkum.  That was sort of what I suspected.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Fair dinkum.  That was sort of what I suspected.

Travis Co evil oozes all over central TX
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me

Williamson County (where Round Rock is located) used to be one of the most conservative counties in Texas. Unfortunately, the leftists from Austin have escaped and made every county surrounding Travis more leftist.
Let it burn.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Sadly even Texas has a growing cancer from within and without... :nono: NO, not just California, but a growing concentration of illegals too!

Offline GrouchoTex

Travis Co evil oozes all over central TX

I hear ya.
Fredericksburg, San Marcos, Kerrville, etc.
None of them are escaping the bluing of their populations.
Some of it is transplants, but I blame Austin, mostly.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Looking at this again I had the thought that of course there was no admonition to teachers to not be grooming children to be Transgenders.