Author Topic: Woman who quit Air Force commando course questioned ‘highly suspicious’ lower standards  (Read 84 times)

rangerrebew

Woman who quit Air Force commando course questioned ‘highly suspicious’ lower standards
By Rachel S. Cohen and Kyle Rempfer
 Jan 13, 01:05 PM

A female captain who may become the Air Force’s first woman to complete its elite special tactics training raised concerns about the program’s shifting standards as early as April 2021, Air Force Times has learned.

Multiple documents obtained by Air Force Times — including performance forms, score charts and a report the woman authored shortly after dropping out of a land navigation event — illustrate how she was allowed to return to training after she quit, and how physical training metrics were lowered just as she arrived at a challenging schoolhouse last spring.

“I believe the change in standards invalidated me with a majority of my team,” she wrote in an April 2021 memo to an unnamed master sergeant about her experience at the school. “One [instructor] cadre member had a conversation with a student and said that the cadre ‘rioted’ when they found out the PT test was changing back to lesser standards.

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2022/01/13/woman-who-quit-air-force-commando-course-questioned-highly-suspicious-lower-standards/