Author Topic: Obama urges Senate to ‘do the right thing’ as he backs Biden’s push to change filibuster rules  (Read 124 times)

Offline libertybele

Let's Go Bammy!!!!

Obama urges Senate to ‘do the right thing’ as he backs Biden’s push to change filibuster rules

....."To protect voting rights, Obama is urging the U.S. Senate, in which he represented Illinois from 2005 to 2009, to set aside its filibuster rule, which allows as few as 41 senators to prevent legislation from being voted on, and protect voting rights via passage of the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act and the Freedom to Vote Act.

Don’t miss: Here are Democrats’ options for changing the filibuster as Biden presses case for voting-rights bills

“That’s why I fully support President Joe Biden’s call to modify Senate rules as necessary to make sure pending voting rights legislation gets called for a vote. And every American who cares about the survival of our most cherished institutions should support the president’s call as well,” Obama continued..............

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/obama-urges-senate-to-do-the-right-thing-as-he-backs-bidens-push-to-change-filibuster-rules-11642097087?mod=home-page
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Killer Clouds

No I don't support unconstitutional bills. I don't hate America.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Obamas 8 years down turn of America engineering, assuring Putin if re-elected,  he with his reassuring Putin he could get more done. and his second term was a serious down turn for America.  Biden speaks fluent Obama speak, and accelerates the down turn Obama engineered.  With much of America having denounced Christianity and embracing other gods including Islam and outrageous lieing by our government, we are there, much like in evil corrupt ancient times.  Many did there part in all this wickedness, and still deny.
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions