Author Topic: Baltimore Prosecutor Marilyn Mosby Indicted on Federal Charges  (Read 360 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Baltimore Prosecutor Marilyn Mosby Indicted on Federal Charges
« on: January 13, 2022, 11:54:38 pm »
Baltimore Prosecutor Marilyn Mosby Indicted on Federal Charges

Joshua Caplan 13 Jan 2022

Baltimore City State’s Attorney Marilyn Mosby (D) was federally indicted on charges of perjury in connection to issuing false statements as part of an effort to secure a COVID-related loan and purchase a vacation home.

The Baltimore Sun reports:

The indictment alleges in May 2020 that Mosby, 41, sought a $40,000 withdrawal from her city retirement account in May 2020, citing that she had experienced a financial setback due to the pandemic. Her salary that year had in fact increased $10,000 that year, to $248,000. […] The indictment says Mosby received $36,000, which she then put toward a down payment on a rental property near Orlando, Fla. But prosecutors say in purchasing that property, she lied about having a federal tax lien and falsely said the property was a second home, which lowered the interest rate.

The indictment reads:

Mosby had not experienced adverse financial consequences stemming from the coronavirus as a result of ‘being quarantined, furloughed or laid off’ or ‘having reduced work hours’ or ‘due to lack of childcare’ or ‘the closing or reduction of hours of a business I own or operate.’

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/01/13/baltimore-prosecutor-marilyn-mosby-indicted-on-federal-charges/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Baltimore Prosecutor Marilyn Mosby Indicted on Federal Charges
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 12:21:56 am »
Obviously Mosby didn't properly pay homage to her Dem superiors with the appropriate kissing of rings and backsides, as well as monies under the table.
The Republic is lost.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2022, 03:49:31 pm »
Kamala Harris-Backed State’s Attorney Indicted For Pretending To Be Poor So She Could Exploit COVID Help To Buy Vacation Homes
By: Jordan Boyd
January 14, 2022
The Federalist

A federal grand jury indicted Baltimore state’s attorney Marilyn Mosby on Thursday after she lied about her financial status to purchase two properties in Florida.

The progressive official, whose reported annual salary is near $240,000, was charged with perjury and making false statements about her financial situation during COVID-19 to obtain premature access to her city retirement savings. Mosby was awarded at least $90,000 from that savings under a CARES Act provision that allowed government employees to dip into their retirement accounts if they were struggling to make ends meet. Despite claiming she was facing dire financial straits in Baltimore, Mosby used the money she withdrew to purchase vacation homes in Kissimmee near Disney World and Long Boat Key. ...

In 2018, now-Vice President Kamala Harris lauded Mosby for her progressive approach to criminal justice and even claimed that the state’s attorney “cannot fail and I know she will not fail.”

“When we march and we shout about what we need to do to reform the criminal justice system, we better understand that we got to march and shout with our paychecks and all of the work that we can do to actually make sure that somebody like Marilyn Mosby gets re-elected into that office. To not only get convictions, but have convictions. There are a lot of people who are highly critical of her because she heard the voices of the people and said, ‘Even if I can’t win, I’m going to do the right thing.’ It’s gonna be rough, it’s gonna be tough,” Harris said.  ...
Kommiela's word salads are something to behold.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2022, 03:59:59 pm »
Apparently, her husband, Baltimore City Council President Nick Mosby, is enjoying the fruits of her corruption. He's "gone dark" on Tw*tter.

John - Free Floridian - Cardillo
@johncardillo

Hey @KamalaHarris, any comment on your BFF and protege Marilyn Mosby being indicted for stealing from Baltimore’s deferred comp fund to buy TWO Florida vacation homes? Oh, and is that @Nick_Mosby, her husband and Baltimore City Council President photobombing you guys?

8:31 AM · Jan 14, 2022

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2022, 02:08:49 pm »
Mosby Claims Charges Are Rooted In ‘Racial Animus’ And Politics, Even Though Black Dem US Attorney Indicted Her
 Sandy Malone
13 hours ago   

Baltimore, MD – Disgraced Baltimore State’s Attorney Marilyn Mosby on Friday claimed she was targeted by prosecutors because she’s “seeking racial justice” even though the federal indictment against her was brought by a black U.S. attorney who was appointed by President Joe Biden.

“I wanted the people of Baltimore to hear it from me: I’ve done nothing wrong. I did not defraud anyone to take my money from my retirement savings and I did not lie on any mortgage application,” Mosby told reporters at a press conference on Jan. 14.  ...

The controversial state’s attorney became emotional as she described to reporters on Friday the challenges she has faced to get where she is today “as a black woman.”

“I will fight these charges with everything I have in me, and I will be victorious. … No weapon formed against me shall prosper. I’m built for this, and I will not be distracted from doing my job,” Mosby vowed, according to Justin Fenton of The Baltimore Sun.

The prosecutor claimed she has been targeted by Maryland’s Republican governor, former President Donald Trump, and police for being progressive and seeking racial justice. ...
Police Tribune

Hey, Marilyn: God probably doesn't appreciate your using Scripture in this way.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2022, 07:08:57 pm »
Obviously Mosby didn't properly pay homage to her Dem superiors with the appropriate kissing of rings and backsides, as well as monies under the table.

@Free Vulcan

Translation: She refused to blow somebody important.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!