Author Topic: CDC Director Rochelle Walensky Confirms Forthcoming Updated Masking Guidance  (Read 164 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CDC Director Rochelle Walensky Confirms Forthcoming Updated Masking Guidance

Hannah Bleau 13 Jan 2022

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will update its guidance concerning masks in due time, CDC director Rochelle Walensky suggested during Wednesday’s press briefing.

During the briefing, which featured members of the White House coronavirus response team, as well as public health officials, Walensky responded to a reporter asking why the CDC is not recommending Americans to wear masks that are more effective, such as N95s over a surgical mask or cloth masks, which studies show only filter out roughly ten percent of exhaled aerosols.

“First, I have a quick follow-up for Dr. Walensky because you said that you do not intend to change the masking guidance, but we also know now that some masks provide better protection than others. So, why isn’t it the case that the best mask for every American is the mask that offers the most protection?” the reporter asked.

“We are updating the information on our mask website to provide information to the public. It’s in need of updating right now,” Walensky confirmed.

“What I will say is the best mask that you can — that you wear is the one that you will wear and the one you can keep on all day long — that you can tolerate in public, indoor settings and tolerate where you need to wear it,” she continued.

“We will provide information on improved filtration that occurs with other masks, such as N95s, and information that the public needs about how to make a choice of which mask is the right one for them,” she said, suggesting that the “best mask for you is the one that you can wear comfortably.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/01/13/cdc-director-rochelle-walensky-confirms-forthcoming-updated-masking-guidance/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Take your mask and shove it. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

“What I will say is the best mask that you can — that you wear is the one that you will wear and the one you can keep on all day long — that you can tolerate in public, indoor settings and tolerate where you need to wear it,” she continued.

In that case, I shan't wear a mask at all, because that is the only form of mask that I can tolerate wearing all day long.