Author Topic: Left Explodes at Marsha Blackburn for Exposing Biden Judicial Nominee’s Criminal Record  (Read 178 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Left Explodes at Marsha Blackburn for Exposing Biden Judicial Nominee’s Criminal Record

Jordan Dixon-Hamilton 12 Jan 2022

Leftists and several in the establishment media exploded at Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) for exposing President Joe Biden’s judicial nominee’s criminal history.

During his Senate confirmation hearing, Blackburn highlighted recent reports that revealed Andre B. Mathis, Biden’s nominee to the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, has a criminal record that includes a “laundry list” of citations and multiple failures to appear in court.

“In Tennessee we expect our judges to respect the law, not disregard it,” Blackburn said. “If Mr. Mathis thought he was above the law before, imagine how he’ll conduct himself if he’s confirmed as a federal judge.”

Democrats attempted to paint Blackburn’s criticism of Mathis as a racist attack on a black man.

Former NAACP President Cornell William Brooks told CNN, “It was extraordinarily painful to watch as an American and as an African American.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/01/12/left-explodes-marsha-blackburn-exposing-biden-judicial-nominees-criminal-record/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Killer Clouds

The DCP doesn't like it when actual FACTS are brought to an argument. What did Blackburn say that was incorrect?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The DCP doesn't like it when actual FACTS are brought to an argument. What did Blackburn say that was incorrect?

:yowsa: For years they had one of the very few impeached, convicted, and removed from office federal judges as one of their members.  Alcee Hastings of Florida.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 03:26:33 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
I don't have a stat, but I'd guess that probably 40% of the jobs in this country are predicated on having a clean criminal record.  Sure was that way at my company for all company jobs, white or blue collar.

IMO, that shoud even be a prerequisite considering these are the front line of administering justice.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 03:44:54 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online dfwgator

I thought when you applied to take the Bar Exam you had to list every single violation, even if you weren't convicted.  And if you left anything out, they would find out and you would be ineligible to take the Bar Exam.

Offline Kamaji

I thought when you applied to take the Bar Exam you had to list every single violation, even if you weren't convicted.  And if you left anything out, they would find out and you would be ineligible to take the Bar Exam.

Depends on what state one is in.  And usually the issue is whether one can be admitted to the bar; sitting for the exam often isn't contingent on a full background check.

Also, whether the conviction is relevant to admission will depend on the nature of the crime for which the conviction was obtained.  A speeding or reckless driving conviction is unlikely to be a bar, and especially if it's old, might just get you a lecture from the bar admission interviewer if you forgot to include it.

On the other hand, if you had a misdemeanor conviction for writing bad checks, that could get you denied admission.