Author Topic: Days after Lightfoot calls smash-and-grab victim ‘idiot,’ Chicago cites him for multiple violations  (Read 539 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Gibbs rule, Number 39 at play here.

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot allegedly called the owner of a high-end exotic car dealership an "idiot" during a heated meeting after the store was targeted in an armed smash-and-grab robbery, according to a report.

Lightfoot allegedly "got into a fight and walked out" of Gold Coast Exotic Motor Cars during a meeting with store owner Joe Perillo, according to sources who spoke to CWB Chicago.
Days after Lightfoot met with Perillo, an inspector with the Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection also visited the store and ticketed them with six violations, CWB Chicago reported.

The inspector cited Gold Coast on Dec. 17 for violations such as employees and a customer not wearing face masks, for "storing, receiving, possessing, selling nineteen bottles of liquor," and for "interfering with or obstructing the commissioner’s designee in the performance of duties," CWB Chicago reported.

"It was unrelated to the mayor’s meeting with Mr. Perillo," a Lightfoot spokesperson told the outlet.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/lori-lightfoot-chicago-meeting-smash-and-grab-store-heated-meeting

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline rustynail

The Chicago Way....

Offline Kamaji

"It was unrelated to the mayor’s meeting with Mr. Perillo," a Lightfoot spokesperson told the outlet.

That is the most bald-faced lie I've read in a while.  It is transparently obvious that this is a vindictive strike by the mayor.

rangerrebew

If I called the mayor an idiot, for which she is qualified, would she be investigated?  The dems are always screaming for equality, after all. :whistle:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
If I called the mayor an idiot, for which she is qualified, would she be investigated?  The dems are always screaming for equality, after all. :whistle:
The only way to deal with Beetlejuice is a sandworm, and they don't have any in Chicago.