Author Topic: W.H. Council of Economic Advisers’ Bernstein: We Didn’t Get Inflation Wrong, Rate of Inflation Was L  (Read 221 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
W.H. Council of Economic Advisers’ Bernstein: We Didn’t Get Inflation Wrong, Rate of Inflation Was Lower in December

Ian Hanchett 12 Jan 2022

On Wednesday’s “CNN Newsroom,” White House Council of Economic Advisers member Jared Bernstein said that he doesn’t think the Biden administration got the duration of inflation wrong because the rate of inflation was lower in December than it was in October and November.

Co-host Jim Sciutto asked, “This is a severe inflation number. Jay Powell admitted that the Fed believed that the root causes behind this inflation would alleviate more quickly. Did the White House get this wrong? And why wasn’t the administration better prepared?”

Bernstein responded, “No, I wouldn’t say we got it wrong in the following sense: It’s really important to get under the hood of these monthly inflation reports. And if you look at the change from November to December, inflation is up half a percent. That’s considerably down from October and November, when inflation was up .8 and .9%, respectively. One reason why inflation came down in December — why the rate of inflation was slower in December is because energy prices actually fell after growing 6% in October and November. They actually fell half a percent in December. The president has consistently said there are two key components to this recovery, and here, I think he’s in sync with Chair Powell: One is to maintain the strongest labor market we’ve seen, and we are posting historic numbers in that regard. The other is to do everything we can to unsnarl supply chains, which, by the way, are jammed across the world. This high inflation problem is a global problem, and to try to bring down price pressures through those efforts.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/01/12/w-h-council-of-economic-advisers-bernstein-we-didnt-get-inflation-wrong-rate-of-inflation-was-lower-in-december/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Wow

We are in big trouble.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

Wow

We are in big trouble.

The current administration has no desire to alleviate problems of inflation or supply issues and they obviously are lying about the cause of inflation and the rate of inflation and there will be no remedy under China Joe; he and his administration will see to it that this will become our new normal using every excuse as to why. The more control they have over us, the more power they obtain and the more $$ they make.

Beck was talking about this on his show today (I caught a brief segment); if you have the ability to pay of debt, do so as soon as possible enabling you to own your own home or a piece of property. Purchase gold and silver. 

We go down and so does the rest of the World, whether they want to admit that or not.

America.  What will we (and they) do without her??
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 08:31:29 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Wow

We are in big trouble.

And that will not change for so long as the feral government remains three times the size it should be.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Ana we have always been at war with Eastasia.
The Republic is lost.