Author Topic: Joe Biden’s Sixth Circuit Nominee, Andre Mathis, Has Criminal Record  (Read 155 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Biden’s Sixth Circuit Nominee, Andre Mathis, Has Criminal Record

Jordan Dixon-Hamilton 12 Jan 2022

Andre Mathis, President Joe Biden’s nominee to the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, has had his driver’s license suspended on three separate occasions, an FBI background investigation revealed.

Biden nominated Tennessee litigator Andre B. Mathis to the Sixth Circuit last November. Mathis’s confirmation hearing will occur on Wednesday, January 12.

Mathis has a history of habitual speeding, and his driver’s license was suspended on three separate occasions, according to Tennessee state records. Mathis drove on a suspended license during all three periods his license was suspended. Driving on a suspended license is punishable by up to 6 months in jail and/or a $500 fine.

Mathis explained his three license suspensions in a letter sent to the Senate Judiciary Committee and obtained by Breitbart News.

“I want to assure the Committee that I am a law-abiding citizen and my driving record is not a reflection of my character or my fitness to serve as a judge,” Mathis wrote to chairman Dick Durbin (D-IL) and ranking member Chuck Grassley (R-IA).

Mathis’s license was first suspended for more than a month in 2008, from April 10 to May 15, which he claims he “cannot find a mention of” after “diligently” searching his personal and formal records.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/01/12/joe-bidens-sixth-circuit-nominee-andre-mathis-has-criminal-record/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Kamaji

Re: Joe Biden’s Sixth Circuit Nominee, Andre Mathis, Has Criminal Record
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2022, 11:47:39 pm »
I wouldn't make this the hill on which to take a stand.  He was nominated by Biden; there must be plenty of other stuff to object to in his record and his background.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2022, 12:17:23 am »
Pretty lame to call out his driving record.  Some people feel the need for speed. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2022, 12:36:30 am »
wingnut remarks:
"Pretty lame to call out his driving record..."

Sumthin' tells me we don't want this guy confirmed.
Whatever can be used to prevent that from happening (within reason), is ok with me.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2022, 01:34:15 pm »
I'd be more concerned with his relative lack of legal experience.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2022, 02:06:33 pm »
I'd be more concerned with his relative lack of legal experience.

:thumbsup: