Author Topic: Kevin McCarthy: Chamber of Commerce ‘Left’ Republican Party ‘A Long Time Ago,’ Not Welcome Back  (Read 181 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kevin McCarthy: Chamber of Commerce ‘Left’ Republican Party ‘A Long Time Ago,’ Not Welcome Back

Matthew Boyle 11 Jan 2022 Washington, DC

House GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy told Breitbart News that the U.S. Chamber of Commerce has no place in the modern Republican Party and that the big business lobby is not going to be welcome back if and when Republicans are back in power.

McCarthy’s comments came during the latest On The Hill long-form video special, taped in December at an Eastern Market establishment on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC.

“The Chamber left the party a long time ago,” McCarthy said. “In the last election, the Chamber supported Democrats. The Chamber gave a higher score to Democrats who are voting for this policy because they signed some letter then voted the opposite of what the letter said than Kevin Brady who was chair of Ways and Means and brought us the tax cuts. I just assume they have as much influence in the future as they do now—none. Our responsibility is to the American public. That is who’s going to drive it. If special interests are the American public then they’ll have a say, but it’s the American public we’re going to.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/01/11/exclusive-kevin-mccarthy-the-chamber-of-commerce-left-republican-party-a-long-time-ago-not-welcome-back/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Big business is not automatically the friend of democracy (even republican representative democracy) nor of free market economies, as the likes of Facebook/Metavert, Google, et al should have demonstrated beyond any cavil.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Big business is not automatically the friend of democracy (even republican representative democracy) nor of free market economies, as the likes of Facebook/Metavert, Google, et al should have demonstrated beyond any cavil.

The Chamber of Commerce does not, and never has, give one hoot in hell about anything other than extracting copious amounts of taxpayer $$$ into the pockets of it's members.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DefiantMassRINO

McCarthy is as duplicitous as other Republicans.  He'll say one thing to the public, another thing to donors, and he'll vote however the prevailing wind is blowing that day.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Right_in_Virginia

McCarthy is as duplicitous as other Republicans.  He'll say one thing to the public, another thing to donors, and he'll vote however the prevailing wind is blowing that day.

QFT

Offline bilo

The Chamber of Commerce does not, and never has, give one hoot in hell about anything other than extracting copious amounts of taxpayer $$$ into the pockets of it's members.

And promoting cheap labor.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Killer Clouds

I really wish RINO McCarthy would just STFU.

Offline Absalom

-------------------------------
Bigun, indeed.
The GOP was the errand boy for New England Merchants from its start, having nothing to do w/ Principle.
Our Southern Agrarian Rural Democrats (sadly fatally tarred by Slavery) were our core Conservative Party of Principle.
But w/the passing of the likes of Jefferson, Madison and Monroe, they faded as the Federalists had before them.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Tell us more sweet lies, Kevin.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: