Author Topic: Abrams thanks Biden for Georgia speech, backs call for Senate rules change  (Read 160 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Abrams thanks Biden for Georgia speech, backs call for Senate rules change
By Monique Beals - 01/11/22 07:58 PM EST

Georgia gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams (D) thanked President Biden for a speech on voting rights that he gave in Georgia Tuesday amid speculation over why she hadn't attended.

"I thank @POTUS and @VP for returning to Georgia to continue their steadfast advocacy for passage of federal legislation to protect the freedom to vote. They made clear again today that they are committed to restoring the Senate to safeguard our democracy," Abrams said in a tweet on Tuesday.

Her statement came after Biden on Tuesday confirmed his support for changing the Senate's policies to allow voting rights legislation to pass with a simple majority instead of the 60-vote threshold that is currently required.

"While I was not able to attend today’s event, the President and I connected by phone this morning," Abrams added in another tweet. "We reaffirmed our shared commitment to the American project of freedom and democracy, as he did in his remarks today here in Georgia."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/589308-abrams-thanks-biden-for-georgia-speech-backs-his-call-for-rules-change
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

Tuesday's are 'All-you-can-eat' days at Sizzler.  That's why Stacy missed Biden's speech.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Tuesday's are 'All-you-can-eat' days at Sizzler.  That's why Stacy missed Biden's speech.

She is a walking comorbidly. The women is a prediabetic, has heart disease, high blood pressure, and psychiatric disorders. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.