Author Topic: Hoyer vows support for contempt against uncooperative lawmakers in Jan. 6 probe  (Read 215 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hoyer vows support for contempt against uncooperative lawmakers in Jan. 6 probe
By Mike Lillis - 01/11/22 12:55 PM EST

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) said Tuesday that anyone failing to cooperate with Congress's investigation into the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol should be held in criminal contempt — including sitting lawmakers.

"In my opinion, that action should not be excluded when members themselves have information that the committee needs," Hoyer told reporters on a press call. "I will certainly support that, I will bring that to the floor, and I would hope that the House would support it."

"At the very essence of the Congress's responsibility to conduct oversight," he added, "is the ability to compel testimony from those who have relevant information."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/589205-hoyer-vows-support-for-contempt-against-uncooperative-lawmakers-in-jan-6-probe
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

But, the guy who gave U.S. assistance to China to do gain-of-function research on coronavirii, and then lied about it to Congress, will get a pass.