McConnell will be kept, McCarthy is gone
2 (10%)
McCarthy will be kept, McConnell is gone
1 (5%)
They'll reelect pelousi and schumer
3 (15%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: February 10, 2022, 05:59:19 pm

Author Topic: Are we stuck with the Mac's?  (Read 1192 times)

Offline corbe

Are we stuck with the Mac's?
« on: January 11, 2022, 05:59:19 pm »

Sure, It's a hypothetical (aren't all polls) BUT if the House and Senate flip to GOP control at the end of 2022 will McConnell and McCarthy be reelected as leaders of their respective Governing Bodies?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

Re: Are we stuck with the Mac's?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2022, 06:26:29 pm »
Unfortunately we're stuck with them both!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2022, 06:30:37 pm »
Both are cheesy.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2022, 05:49:42 pm »
Neither one is leaving. If one has more of a chance of retiring, I'd say... marginally... McConnell. But McCarthy is waiting for his turn. He's not giving it up unless he gets Gingriched.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2022, 06:01:12 pm »
All depends...   I see three scenarios panning out.

1. The dims are succesful in federalizing election laws.  Then it is all moot.

2. GOP pulls off a small majority.  We are stuck with the Macs.

3. GOP pulls off a huge majority and mandate, and data shows that the status quo must go.  This would trigger a more right or populist leaning leadership.

And honestly, at this point I can see any one of the three happening.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline corbe

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2022, 06:09:22 pm »
   I think with the fresh invigored new members the HFC will be successful in dumping McCarthy, it's been done (Cruz instrumental in dumping Boehner in 15).  McConnell will stay unless he retires, he is too powerful, besides Trump's buddy Lindsey is up next.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2022, 06:40:54 pm »

Sure, It's a hypothetical (aren't all polls) BUT if the House and Senate flip to GOP control at the end of 2022 will McConnell and McCarthy be reelected as leaders of their respective Governing Bodies?

I thought you were talking about computers from the headline, @corbe

:blonde moment:
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2022, 06:51:24 pm »
Unfortunately we're stuck with them both!

:yowsa: And that definitely is unfortunate.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline art.prout

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2022, 11:42:38 am »
Mickety Mac from Kentucky will stay around until his replacement (not Thune and not Cornyn) is ready and willing to step to the altar...

(Mickety Mac from Kentucky crossed the line of demarcation years ago; he has a crack-level addiction to the dollars, spoils, and power that comes from being a front-man (par excellence) for the CCP...  it is beyond human ability to break that addiction...  plus, he still has a manly need (yes, even a standard cuck such as Mitch still has it!) to please his CCP wife and her family...  never underestimate the power of the TUSH...  even for these "elder statesman" in the era of chemically induced virility!!  Don't doubt me on this!!  Ever!)

Mickety Mac from California is being studied for whiplash side effects and recovery by all of the leading medical researchers in the field...  Mickety Mac from California is a living, breathing, study in "American Political Science of 202n" on the so called 'right of center' that has found his way to the upper tier...  'room-mate' Frank "wi<,n>g man" Luntz guides Mickety Mac from California in every move, from his morning 'constitutional' to his evening "live shot from the Capitol!"

Sadly... and I really mean Sadly...  Mickety Macs are acsendent in the 2022 "real world" of the DC environs...

888mouth