Author Topic: Justice Dept. Creating Unit Focused on Domestic Terrorism  (Read 387 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Justice Dept. Creating Unit Focused on Domestic Terrorism
« on: January 11, 2022, 05:53:20 pm »
Justice Dept. Creating Unit Focused on Domestic Terrorism
US News, Jan 11, 2022, ERIC TUCKER, Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Justice Department is establishing a specialized unit focused on domestic terrorism, the department's top national security official told lawmakers Tuesday as he described an “elevated” threat from violent extremists in the United States.

Assistant Attorney General Matthew Olsen, testifying just days after the nation observed the one-year anniversary of the violent insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, said the number of FBI investigations into suspected domestic violent extremists has more than doubled since the spring of 2020.

“We have seen a growing threat from those who are motivated by racial animus, as well as those who ascribe to extremist anti-government and anti-authority ideologies,” Olsen said.

Olsen's assessment tracked with a warning last March from FBI Director Christopher Wray, who testified that the threat was “metastasizing.” Jill Sanborn, the executive assistant director in charge of the FBI's national security branch who testified alongside Olsen, said Tuesday the greatest threat comes from lone extremists who radicalize online and look to carry out violence at so-called “soft targets.”

The department's National Security Division, which Olsen leads, has a counterterrorism section. But Olsen told the Senate Judiciary Committee that he has decided to create a specialized domestic terrorism unit “to augment our existing approach" and to “ensure that these cases are properly handled and effectively coordinated” across the country.

More:  https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2022-01-11/justice-dept-creating-unit-focused-on-domestic-terrorism

« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 05:55:01 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Kamaji

Re: Justice Dept. Creating Unit Focused on Domestic Terrorism
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2022, 05:55:42 pm »
"We have seen a growing threat from those who are motivated by racial animus"

That would be all those CRT proponents, who are unabashedly pushing racism as the preferred solution for all that ails the U.S., and in particular, a very anti-white racism.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2022, 05:56:15 pm »
“We have seen a growing threat from those who are motivated by racial animus, as well as those who ascribe to extremist anti-government and anti-authority ideologies,” Olsen said.

God help us.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2022, 06:22:36 pm »
Basically, the official birth of the U.S. Gestapo, the Geheime Staatspolizei.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2022, 06:29:02 pm »
Never let a good crisis go to waste ... a great opportunity for FBI to increase FTE's (headcounts) and budget.  No good bureaucrat wastes an opportunity to grow headcount and budget.

Now, they'll just need to "find" "domestic terrorism" to justify their mission and budget.

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2022, 06:36:47 pm »
Never let a good crisis go to waste ... a great opportunity for FBI to increase FTE's (headcounts) and budget.  No good bureaucrat wastes an opportunity to grow headcount and budget.

Now, they'll just need to "find" "domestic terrorism" to justify their mission and budget.

Every registered Republican.  Every Cruz and Trump supporter.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2022, 06:46:47 pm »

:thumbsup:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2022, 07:30:55 pm »
Well you know they won't go after real domestic terrorists BLM and Antifa because they are off the books agents of the democrap party, so protected.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2022, 09:19:41 pm »

"Find", my butt. This will bee another agency wrapped up in creating it.
What happened to the JTTF?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2022, 11:38:46 pm »
Joe Biden says Americans who are opposed to his radical election overhaul bills are domestic enemies.  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1481019222297923585

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2022, 11:42:44 pm »
Joe Biden says Americans who are opposed to his radical election overhaul bills are domestic enemies.  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1481019222297923585

I thought he was going to be the Great Uniter?  What a fascist.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2022, 11:59:00 pm »
Basically, the official birth of the U.S. Gestapo, the Geheime Staatspolizei.
So who has Biden named to lead this?  Himmler is dead, isn't he?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington