Author Topic: Called to do it': Blake Masters plots Senate rise  (Read 399 times)

Offline libertybele

Called to do it': Blake Masters plots Senate rise
« on: January 09, 2022, 09:03:43 pm »
Called to do it': Blake Masters plots Senate rise

Blake Masters looks at a dysfunctional, leadership-driven Congress and imagines a junior Republican senator from Arizona can be effective.

“A lot of people get in Congress and immediately surrender their legislative ambitions to practical reality,” Masters told the Washington Examiner in a telephone interview the first week of January. “What good is a Republican majority in Congress if we’re not ready and willing to legislate?”

“I intend to find out just how much one person can do,” he said.

It would not be easy. Major legislation is often the purview of party leadership, even more so than the heads of so-called powerful committees, and the bipartisan majorities required to effect lasting reform are hard to come by. But even with the prospect of a Republican-controlled Congress serving in tandem with a GOP president come 2025, Masters opposes dismantling the legislative filibuster.

"It’s good on a neutral basis, and I think it net-benefits conservatives because the [Democratic] agenda is so crazy you’ll never get 60 votes for it," Masters said.

Masters, 35, is part of the crowd of Arizona Republicans vying for the party’s 2022 Senate nomination and the right to challenge Democratic Sen. Mark Kelly in midterm elections. The venture capitalist is a first-time candidate but not quite a political novice. He was active in former President Donald Trump’s campaigns and is the right-hand to Republican megadonor Peter Thiel. Masters’s professional relationship with Thiel — he works for him — made the Senate contender instantly formidable.

Thiel is backing a super PAC supporting his employee’s campaign with $10 million from his personal fortune.........

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/restoring-america/patriotism-unity/called-to-do-it-blake-masters-plots-senate-rise
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

Re: Called to do it': Blake Masters plots Senate rise
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2022, 09:13:47 pm »
Any insights, @Cyber Liberty ?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2022, 11:24:35 pm »
Any insights, @Cyber Liberty ?

Blake Masters is coming to Bullhead City tomorrow night, we're having a pizza party at our favorite parlor.  The next day he's doing a tour of Route 66, through Oatman and Topock.  These are places in my wife's District.  It'll be fun, we're hoping he can get us more Precinct Committeemen.

I like the guy, and I'll do what I can to see that he beats the worthless Mark Brnovich.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2022, 11:26:07 pm »
Blake Masters is coming to Bullhead City tomorrow night, we're having a pizza party at our favorite parlor.  The next day he's doing a tour of Route 66, through Oatman and Topock.  These are places in my wife's District.  It'll be fun, we're hoping he can get us more Precinct Committeemen.

I like the guy, and I'll do what I can to see that he beats the worthless Mark Brnovich.

:beer:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.