Author Topic: ‘Panicked screams’ alert deputy to dozens of migrants struggling in Arizona canal  (Read 140 times)

rangerrebew

‘Panicked screams’ alert deputy to dozens of migrants struggling in Arizona canal

By Don Sweeney

January 09, 2022 10:14 AM

from Yuma County Sheriff's Office video An Arizona sheriff’s deputy on patrol spotted more than two dozen people jumping into a canal. Then he heard “panicked screams.” The group of 25 migrants, including children, began to struggle while trying to swim across the canal near Yuma on Saturday, Jan. 8, after crossing the border from Mexico, the Yuma County Sheriff’s Office reported in a news release. “I need assistance, I have people drowning,” the deputy radios after driving past people in the canal, according to a video posted by the sheriff’s department.

Read more at: https://www.macon.com/news/nation-world/national/article257168262.html#storylink=cpy

Offline Kamaji

Give 'em some towels to dry off, then ship 'em back across the border, and tell 'em they're lucky they're not being forced to leave the same way they tried to sneak in.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Canals are extremely dangerous.  Water moves fast, over periodic barriers, and they are V-shaped in cross section.  Get into the water and it could be miles before you can get to a place where you can climb out because the walls are steep and smooth.

They run PSAs all the time in Phoenix warning of the danger.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: