Author Topic: Amphibious Combat Vehicles Return to Unrestricted Operations  (Read 171 times)

rangerrebew

Amphibious Combat Vehicles Return to Unrestricted Operations
« on: January 09, 2022, 12:09:59 pm »
Amphibious Combat Vehicles Return to Unrestricted Operations
6 Jan 2022

HEADQUARTERS MARINE CORPS – Marine Corps Amphibious Combat Vehicles are set to return to unrestricted waterborne operations following the development of a new tow rope solution designed to address previous issues with the vehicle’s towing mechanism.

In September 2021, the Marine Corps suspended ACV operations in unprotected waters while it worked to resolve the towing issues that were identified in several after action reports from the field.

“Amphibious operations, including the use of amphibious ship-to-shore connectors, is a foundational aspect of Marine Corps operations and is critical to the future force and its ability to remain the Nation’s premier expeditionary force in readiness,” said Lt. Gen. David Furness, Deputy Commandant for Plans, Policies, and Operations.

https://www.marines.mil/News/Press-Releases/Press-Release-Display/Article/2890760/amphibious-combat-vehicles-return-to-unrestricted-operations/

rangerrebew

Re: Amphibious Combat Vehicles Return to Unrestricted Operations
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2022, 12:11:55 pm »
My, my!  What a fast turnaround.  I'm sure it's a safe vehicle to be on the ocean again. :whistle: