Author Topic: Alleged Antifa member targeted Florida rally with a bomb; more explosives found at his house  (Read 340 times)

Offline mountaineer

Alleged Antifa member targeted Florida rally with a bomb; more explosives found at his house
Garrett James Smith, 22, was arrested and found carrying an active pipe bomb, Antifa propaganda and a written document on what to bring for his direct action. He had recently returned from Portland, Ore.
Jan 7, 2022 11:53 PM EST
The Post Millennial
by Andy Ngo
A man in black bloc behaving suspiciously near a right-wing rally outside the Pinellas County Courthouse in Florida on Jan. 6 was apprehended by deputies after he tried fleeing on foot. Garrett James Smith, 22, was arrested and found carrying an active pipe bomb, Antifa propaganda and a written document on what to bring for his direct action. He had recently returned from Portland, Ore.
Advertisement

"He was running fast, he was running away from something," Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri said at a press conference on Friday.

Smith was purportedly targeting dozens of the attendees of a rally protesting the treatment of Jan. 6 suspects on the one-year anniversary of the U.S. Capitol riot.

A search of Smith's home he shares with his parents in Oldsmar, Fla. revealed more explosives, tape and nails for use in grenades. Smith’s “direct action” checklist included a drawing of an umbrella, a symbol adopted by Antifa militants for their frequent use of black umbrellas to shield one another from cameras while they commit acts of violence or vandalism. The helmet found in his backpack during his arrest had the Antifa “iron front” symbol painted on it. ...
Full story at The Post Millennial
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Well, the printing has much to be desired but the spelling for the most part is correct and even 'snacks' were included on the list. *****rollingeyes*****

Beware of black umbrellas??
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline mountaineer

Snacks. Juice boxes, maybe.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
So with all this evidence the perp is just an 'alleged' Antifa member, but because some people gathered to protest the inhumane treatment in prison by the Herr Uber Scheisse Brandon's SS they are automatically without question 'Right Wing'. There is absolutely no pretense of journalism by liberals anymore.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
If this had been a right wing radical, the MSM would be posting this as breaking news with 24/7 wall to wall coverage
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mikezpen

This American patriot was triggered by the Trump-led Insurrection of Jan. 6, enraged, and therefore driven to an act of justifiable retribution.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Comrade GT observes:
"There is absolutely no pretense of journalism by liberals anymore."

Comrade, they are no longer supposed to be journalists.
They are now referred to within The Party as "media apparatchiks".

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
This American patriot was triggered by the Trump-led Insurrection of Jan. 6, enraged, and therefore driven to an act of justifiable retribution.

Yep, U.S. has more of an overall media outfit mimicing Pravada than Russian even remotely does now.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
A member of the post Cursive generation.  I bet he can't even sign his own name with out making an "X"
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

Nice guy.  Typical liberal.