Author Topic: Disney fans outraged after ‘fairy godmother’ ditched for gender-neutral titles  (Read 479 times)

Offline Kamaji

Disney fans outraged after ‘fairy godmother’ ditched for gender-neutral titles

By Alexandra Steigrad
July 20, 2022

Disney said it is ditching “fairy godmothers” for more inclusive, gender-neutral titles at dress-up boutiques inside its theme parks — and some fans are less than enchanted with the news.

Specifically, the Mouse House is getting rid of the “fairy godmother” title at its Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutiques located in both Disney World and Disneyland, according to an update on Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort’s websites.

The salons, which give makeovers to kids ages 3 to 12 to transform them into princesses or knights, will reopen from pandemic-era closures on Aug. 25, the company said this week.

When they return, employees who were formerly called “Fairy Godmothers in Training” will now be called “Fairy Godmother’s Apprentices.”

“This way, cast members that might not identify as female can still be part of the process to dress up & style the children without having to refer to themselves as a female Disney character,” according to Disney blog “Streaming the Magic.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/07/20/disney-ditches-fairy-godmothers-for-gender-neutral-titles/

Offline Kamaji

Disney is doing its level best to destroy itself.

Online DefiantMassRINO

There are three un-politically correct items in that phrase:

"fairy"
"god"
"mother"

That's a trifecta of uncorrectness.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.