Author Topic: Black gun ownership fuels record number of firearms purchases  (Read 322 times)

Offline libertybele

Black gun ownership fuels record number of firearms purchases

Firearm purchases by a record number of Black Americans have accelerated a surge in gun sales since the COVID-19 pandemic, according to an analysis of government records.

The year 2021 is on track to be the second biggest on record for firearms sales, with more than 18 million guns purchased through November, consulting group Small Arms Analytics & Forecasting concluded. That would outpace every year except 2020, when 22.8 million guns were sold.

Black Americans are a big reason behind the surge, according to data from the National Shooting Sports Foundation. Black gun ownership increased 58.2% through the first six months of 2020, and the foundation expects that number to be similar for 2021, given the trends in purchases.

Overall, Blacks outpaced every other demographic in the increase of gun purchases in the first half of 2020, including Whites (51.9%), Hispanics (49.4%) and Asians (42.9%), the national organization said.

“The Second Amendment and gun rights have been the Black community’s right, and a lot of Black people are starting to realize it,” said Kourtney Redmond of the 761st Gun Club, a Black firearms education group based in the Chicago suburbs. “The police department and government isn’t going to save the Black community, and a lot of Black people are realizing the first line of defense is yourself.”........................

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/jan/4/black-gun-ownership-fuels-record-number-firearms-p/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Black gun ownership fuels record number of firearms purchases
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2022, 10:30:20 am »
Who needs guns more than people who live in black neighborhoods?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2022, 11:11:14 am »
Who needs guns more than people who live in black neighborhoods?
I have little doubt that some of this is a response to 'defund the police' policies.
But with the constant drumbeat of racism in the MSM,
I also doubt that that is the only thing driving the phenomenon.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2022, 11:41:45 am »
I have little doubt that some of this is a response to 'defund the police' policies.
But with the constant drumbeat of racism in the MSM,
I also doubt that that is the only thing driving the phenomenon.

@Smokin Joe

You would probably have to search hard to find someone LESS knowledgeable about life in black neighborhoods than me,but based on the black people I have know,worked with,and been friends with,the radicals are the ones getting all the press,and this makes it SEEM like ALL blacks are welfarecheats,ho's,drug dealers,pimps,etc,etc,etc.

I do NOT believe this to be true,but I DO believe there are enough of them and that they are dangerous enough the honest blacks that live in those neighborhoods have to be VERY careful about what they say and/or do. ESPECIALLY those that have small children.

I am GUESSING it is the honest,hard-working blacks that HAVE to live there due to financial reasons that are finally getting fed up of being bullied and are arming up.

More power to them! I sincerely hope this continues because history has show that the ONLY way situations like this change for real is when the people most directly affected get fed up and start hanging the SOB's responsible for all the crime and terror.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2022, 04:02:17 pm »
@Smokin Joe

You would probably have to search hard to find someone LESS knowledgeable about life in black neighborhoods than me,but based on the black people I have know,worked with,and been friends with,the radicals are the ones getting all the press,and this makes it SEEM like ALL blacks are welfarecheats,ho's,drug dealers,pimps,etc,etc,etc.

I do NOT believe this to be true,but I DO believe there are enough of them and that they are dangerous enough the honest blacks that live in those neighborhoods have to be VERY careful about what they say and/or do. ESPECIALLY those that have small children.

I am GUESSING it is the honest,hard-working blacks that HAVE to live there due to financial reasons that are finally getting fed up of being bullied and are arming up.

More power to them! I sincerely hope this continues because history has show that the ONLY way situations like this change for real is when the people most directly affected get fed up and start hanging the SOB's responsible for all the crime and terror.

:thumbsup:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2022, 10:11:23 pm »
It should be noted that a disproportionately high number of black males have criminal records that will (or at least should) prevent them from passing the federally-mandated background checks required for purchasing a weapon...

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2022, 05:54:58 pm »
The last time I went to a gun show,
I was surprised at how many Blacks were shopping there.
About half of the people there were Blacks.
Most of them were dressed like regular people,
not like gangstas.
As long as they buy everything legally,
I'm fine with it.
Happy about it, actually!

If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao