Author Topic: Air Force accused of pushing woman through elite commando training after she quit, spurring investig  (Read 328 times)

rangerrebew

Air Force accused of pushing woman through elite commando training after she quit, spurring investigation
By Rachel S. Cohen and Kyle Rempfer
 Jan 7, 07:00 PM

Editor’s note: After this article’s publication, a source provided records documenting how the female special tactics officer candidate quit during solo land navigation training, but still was offered the opportunity to return.

Air Force Special Operations Command boss Lt. Gen. Jim Slife is calling for an inspector general investigation after claims surfaced that his organization is unfairly pushing an unqualified female airman through special tactics officer training.

If she completes the program, she would become the first woman to make it into the elite special tactics field — a major win for the Air Force.

On Wednesday, however, an anonymous member of the AFSOC community raised questions in an letter about whether the airman is receiving preferential treatment to stay in the pipeline, despite allegedly quitting multiple times.

A special tactics source provided the full anonymous letter to Air Force Times on Thursday, as well as course records documenting an instance in which the female candidate self-eliminated during a land navigation event. Elements of the letter were corroborated by a second special tactics source who witnessed a separate instance in which the candidate quit in pool training.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-air-force/2022/01/07/air-force-accused-of-pushing-woman-through-elite-commando-training-after-she-quit-spurring-investigation/

rangerrebew

I always suspected that many, if not most, women were being pushed through whether fully qualified or not.  This is nothing against women as many more men don't make the cut, either.  If I were a commando with a woman next to me, I'd be very concerned. :pondering:  As for the general pushing for an investigation, doesn't he realize this is part of the Milley, Austin, Biden woke military where Political Correctness dictates "success" as much, or more, than anything else? tri22
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 02:11:48 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I always suspected that many, if not most, women were being pushed through whether fully qualified or not.  This is nothing against women as many more men don't make the cut, either.  If I were a commando with a woman next to me, I'd be very concerned. :pondering:  As for the general pushing for an investigation, doesn't he realize this is part of the Milley, Austin, Biden woke military where Political Correctness dictates "success" as much, or more, than anything else? tri22

@rangerrebrew

I was working as an advisor to SF Training Group during the
70's,maybe even the early 80's,and remember hearing about a  woman officer who was said to have been handpicked by Hillary to be "The first female Special Forces Officer".

Well,coming as a surprise to the political classes who are used to just having everything handed to them,she was flunked out of the class for failure to perform.

IIRC,and I AM a little bit shaky about this part,she was offered a chance as a recycle in the next class,and flunked out of that one,too. Failure to perform.

Supposedly,Special Forces Training Group command was ORDERED by the WH to pass her,and refused.

The end result was the standards remained the same for all students,and a LTC or Colonel was forced into retirement,and so was a MSG and a SGM,due to refusing to follow orders.

IIRC,at first they were all just given the boot and put out without retirement pay. Then they got a high-powered lawyer from somewhere and threatened to expose the whole political scheme,and all were given full retirement.

Haven't worked with SFTG in years now,so I can't tell you what is happening there as far as AA students go.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 03:02:17 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Here come the spears and arrows, but for the most part, I am not a fan of women being in the military. This is an example of why.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@rangerbrew

You had better be,as I am positive you KNOW that not 1 woman out of a hundred has the physical strength to pick you up if you are wounded,and run with you to safety and treatment,even IF she had the time to dump your web gear and rucksack.

There can be NO question about women being mean enough or dedicated enough. It is simply a question of physical strength and the fact that even most men don't have what it takes to make it as an operator in Special Operations.

Nothing against women. If you want to blame someone,blame Mother Nature.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 06:15:29 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline dfwgator

Here come the spears and arrows, but for the most part, I am not a fan of women being in the military. This is an example of why.

No spears and arrows from me.  I totally agree.