Author Topic: Does NASCAR have a death wish? By Thomas Lifson  (Read 241 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Does NASCAR have a death wish? By Thomas Lifson
« on: January 07, 2022, 05:38:48 pm »
January 7, 2022
Does NASCAR have a death wish?
By Thomas Lifson

A pair of reports yesterday lead me to question the sanity of the management of NASCAR, the privately held giant of the sport of stock car racing. While I am far from an expert on auto racing, and have never been to a NASCAR race, I have a rough idea of who attends their races and what the political preferences of the fans are.

The first report comes via Breitbart:

NASCAR has officially canceled driver Brandon Brown’s sponsorship deal with the “Let’s Go Brandon” cryptocurrency purveyor.

At the end of December, Brown announced that he was signing a deal for LGBcoin to sponsor his race team going forward.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/01/does_nascar_have_a_death_wish.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Does NASCAR have a death wish? By Thomas Lifson
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2022, 07:51:59 pm »
IMNSHO, yep!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2022, 12:10:58 am »
Seems that way,doesn't it?

Sports needs to stay away from politics.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2022, 01:19:17 am »
How long until NASCAR goes all EVs?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2022, 02:51:23 am »
They should go with FJB Construction instead.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2022, 03:04:01 am »
YES... But it's been a long time coming. Walked away from NASCAR years and years ago.

Rubbin's racin' dammit.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2022, 03:08:27 am »
YES... But it's been a long time coming. Walked away from NASCAR years and years ago.

Rubbin's racin' dammit.

Ain't been the same since Ricky Rudd left.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2022, 03:16:19 am »
Ain't been the same since Ricky Rudd left.

Well I sure know that chase to the race stupid ass rules turned me off... And Junior getting a 40k fine for accidentally cussing on tv... Bouncy jangly crap all over my screen.... None for me thanks... I wandered off a couple years after Stuart left the Home Depot car. Ain't been back.

I still like outlaw and offroad... But NASCAR has gone the way of Indy. Prima-donna bullcrap.