Author Topic: Economy falls flat of expectations for second straight month with 199,000 jobs added  (Read 461 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Economy falls flat of expectations for second straight month with 199,000 jobs added
by Zachary Halaschak, Economics Reporter |
 | January 07, 2022 08:32 AM

The economy added 199,000 new jobs in December, fewer than expected.

The unemployment rate declined to 3.9%, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Friday. The new numbers come after the economy also performed worse than expected in November, adding just 210,000 new jobs, far less than the half-million that were anticipated.

Friday’s report will undoubtedly raise questions about what effect the omicron variant of COVID-19 has had on the country’s economic situation. There have been fears that the new strain could cause people to avoid the jobs market.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/economy-falls-flat-of-expectations-for-second-straight-month-with-199-000-jobs-added
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

"Unexpected!"

Drink!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

President Biden on Friday morning is slated to deliver remarks on the December jobs report, which saw 199,000 jobs added.

The event is scheduled to begin at 10:45 a.m. ET.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
56% miss?  This is unprecedented. Drinking game indeed!!!!  Want to see Jen Pissi weasel out of this one.  (Nevermind, the complicit press will give her cover)

Companies are really starting to factor in Bidenflation in their hiring and business plans.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

And this is supposed to be holiday hiring.

Brace yourself people. We’re in for a very rough ride

Stagflation maybe just around the corner
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline dfwgator

Way to go, Brandon, way to go!  But "Muh January 6th!"

Offline Kamaji

:thumbsup:

Offline LMAO

56% miss?  This is unprecedented. Drinking game indeed!!!!  Want to see Jen Pissi weasel out of this one.  (Nevermind, the complicit press will give her cover)

Companies are really starting to factor in Bidenflation in their hiring and business plans.

Prediction: They will blame Covid/the unvaccinated/the meat companies/oil companies/the American people/reality/economics/mathematics/history/God and his son Jesus Christ/add anything else you can think of
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

Way to go, Brandon, way to go!  But "Muh January 6th!"

Oh let them have January 6. It’s all they’ve got

Barry Goldwater

Offline dfwgator

"Welcome Back, Carter"

Although I will say,   as much as I disagreed with Jimmy Carter as a President,  Biteme isn't worthy to shine Jimmy's shoes.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!

When you see effective annual inflation rate at somewhere south of 15%,  fixed income instruments making 3%, and equities yielding 7-8%?

I'd say we are already there.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
An Absolutely Horrific Jobs Report Follows the Democrats' Day of Distractions
By Bonchie | Jan 07, 2022 9:30 AM ET

After a day of overwrought, largely misleading pronouncements about January 6th, the distractions have turned back into reality for Joe Biden and his maligned party. An absolutely horrific jobs report was released this morning following the Democrats’ “commemoration,” jarring Washington back into the real world of issues people actually care about.

While 422,000 jobs were projected to be created during one of the nation’s peak hiring seasons, the actual number came in at just 199,000. That’s another big miss after November’s paltry numbers and comes on the heels of news that jobless claims remain stubbornly high as well.

more
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/01/07/an-absolutely-horrific-jobs-report-follows-the-democrats-day-of-distractions-n503006
Support the USO

Online catfish1957

Nothing like a day after J6 Mardi-Gras type hangover.

Offline LMAO

Nothing like a day after J6 Mardi-Gras type hangover.

Lol…

Nice

Barry Goldwater

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
"Unexpected!"

Drink!

We're gonna need a bigger bottle
The Republic is lost.

Offline LMAO

After a day of overwrought, largely misleading pronouncements about January 6th, the distractions have turned back into reality for Joe Biden and his maligned party. An absolutely horrific jobs report was released this morning following the Democrats’ “commemoration,” jarring Washington back into the real world of issues people actually care about.

While 422,000 jobs were projected to be created during one of the nation’s peak hiring seasons, the actual number came in at just 199,000. That’s another big miss after November’s paltry numbers and comes on the heels of news that jobless claims remain stubbornly high as well.

more
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/01/07/an-absolutely-horrific-jobs-report-follows-the-democrats-day-of-distractions-n503006

I’m wondering if the Democrats knew this was coming out and were trying to deliberately distract and hoping that January 6 of last year would  overcome this news

Barry Goldwater

Online catfish1957

And on a side note.....   If anyone believes the 3.9% unemployment, and the 5% inflation rate claims by the Biden administiration......

I got some nice land in FL that I'd like to interest you in.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Black-White Unemployment Gap Soars as Black Unemployment Rate Jumps

John Carney 7 Jan 2022

The United States saw the widest gap in unemployment rates for African Americans and whites in years at the conclusion of the first year of Biden’s presidency, underscoring an uneven recovery from the coronavirus pandemic and the Biden administration’s failure to meet its promises to foster racial equity in the economy.

The jobless rates for whites fell half a percentage point to 3.2 percent, while the rate for blacks rose from 6.7 percent to 7.1 percent, according to data released by the Labor Department on Friday.

As a result, black unemployment is now more than twice the white unemployment rate. In fact, at 220 percent the white unemployment rate, the racial gap is tied with the second-highest of this century. The long-term average, going back to the 1970s, is for the black unemployment rate to be 215 percent of the white unemployment rate. Since the turn of the century, the gap has averaged slightly less than 200 percent.

The gap is even larger for men. White men have an unemployment rate of three percent, while black men have an unemployment rate of seven percent. That works out to a racial gap of 2.3 percent.

In August 2019, the black-white unemployment gap fell to 1.5 percent, the lowest level ever. During the Trump administration, the gap was below average for all but one month.

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2022/01/07/black-white-unemployment-gap-soars-as-black-unemployment-rate-jumps/
Support the USO

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Prediction: They will blame Covid/the unvaccinated/the meat companies/oil companies/the American people/reality/economics/mathematics/history/God and his son Jesus Christ/add anything else you can think of
You left out Trump, it's all because of Trump and his influence on his White Supremacist followers undermining all the best efforts of Captain Dementia and his sidekick The Cackler.

Offline Kamaji

Black-White Unemployment Gap Soars as Black Unemployment Rate Jumps

John Carney 7 Jan 2022

The United States saw the widest gap in unemployment rates for African Americans and whites in years at the conclusion of the first year of Biden’s presidency, underscoring an uneven recovery from the coronavirus pandemic and the Biden administration’s failure to meet its promises to foster racial equity in the economy.

The jobless rates for whites fell half a percentage point to 3.2 percent, while the rate for blacks rose from 6.7 percent to 7.1 percent, according to data released by the Labor Department on Friday.

As a result, black unemployment is now more than twice the white unemployment rate. In fact, at 220 percent the white unemployment rate, the racial gap is tied with the second-highest of this century. The long-term average, going back to the 1970s, is for the black unemployment rate to be 215 percent of the white unemployment rate. Since the turn of the century, the gap has averaged slightly less than 200 percent.

The gap is even larger for men. White men have an unemployment rate of three percent, while black men have an unemployment rate of seven percent. That works out to a racial gap of 2.3 percent.

In August 2019, the black-white unemployment gap fell to 1.5 percent, the lowest level ever. During the Trump administration, the gap was below average for all but one month.

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2022/01/07/black-white-unemployment-gap-soars-as-black-unemployment-rate-jumps/

Good points that cannot be stressed too much.  Blacks are, once again, being forced to ride at the back of the economic bus now that democrat economic policies are being implemented.