Author Topic: U.S. car brand to go full electric, will no longer offer internal combustion vehicles  (Read 1171 times)

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Times like this are when I miss Frank Cannon.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The second and last new car my dad ever bought, I pushed for the Dodge magnum but my brother prevailed with the Ricardo Mantalban choice.

@GtHawk

Back then the wimmins LOVED it!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
@GtHawk

Back then the wimmins LOVED it!
Ricardo or the rich Corinthian leather?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

A second-tier car company like Chrysler should be watching Toyota on what it is doing rather than the climate alarmists.

Toyota is being realistic in not going full-blown EV as it knows their is no infrastructure to support it for decades.

Chrysler's new business model will be to suck off the government incentives instead of prudently operating a viable business
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Chrysler's new business model will be to suck off the government incentives instead of prudently operating a viable business

How is this different from their old business model from the 70's?  Wanna buy some tanks?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

Chrysler did make great tanks.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
A second-tier car company like Chrysler should be watching Toyota on what it is doing rather than the climate alarmists.

Toyota is being realistic in not going full-blown EV as it knows their is no infrastructure to support it for decades.

No way Toyota is going to ditch the ICE. Imagine jihadis driving electric technicals across the sandbox... **nononono*
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Ricardo or the rich Corinthian leather?

@GtHawk

Both.

I loved it too,until I needed a pu more than I needed what I wanted.

The Cordoba had to go. Still miss it a little,even with the horrible gas mileage.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Ford’s planned production increases of both the F-150 Lightning and Mustang Mach-E, two of its first three fully electric vehicles, have been the momentum behind the stock’s most recent increases. As for the steady climb since Farley’s takeover of Ford nearly a year-and-a-half ago, the company’s transitioning narrative has pointed closer to a fully-electric future, void of combustion engines.

Teslarati  By Joey Klender 1/13/2022

https://www.teslarati.com/ford-100-billion-market-cap-farley-effect/

Offline Hoodat

The second and last new car my dad ever bought, I pushed for the Dodge magnum but my brother prevailed with the Ricardo Mantalban choice.

For a true gangster car, I got to go with the New Yorker.  It had a 4-body trunk.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

For a true gangster car, I got to go with the New Yorker.  It had a 4-body trunk.

The New Yorker was good.  Especially the one with the concave sides.

Online GtHawk

@GtHawk

Both.

I loved it too,until I needed a pu more than I needed what I wanted.

The Cordoba had to go. Still miss it a little,even with the horrible gas mileage.
Not just the mileage, I have not found memories of bad valves stem seals leading to often fouled plugs in the good old seventies.

Online GtHawk

Piker, my '73 Newport was a 6-8 body trunk, equaled only by a '72 Lincoln I once had.