Author Topic: Greene, Gaetz to hold Jan. 6 presser after Trump cancels  (Read 249 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Greene, Gaetz to hold Jan. 6 presser after Trump cancels
« on: January 05, 2022, 11:26:40 pm »
Greene, Gaetz to hold Jan. 6 presser after Trump cancels
By Caroline Vakil - 01/05/22 04:14 PM EST

Republican Reps. Matt Gaetz (Fla.) and Marjorie Taylor Greene (Ga.) will be holding a presser on Thursday, the one-year anniversary of the Jan. 6 insurrection, after former President Trump announced that he would be canceling his news conference scheduled for the same day.

The two conservative members of Congress are set to hold “a Republican response on the anniversary of the January 6th protests” on Thursday afternoon, according to a release from Gaetz’s office.

Trump, who was slated to hold a news conference at Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach, Fla., on Thursday, announced on Tuesday he would be canceling it, criticizing the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 riot with apparent references to Reps. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) and Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.) and the media.

"In light of the total bias and dishonesty of the January 6th Unselect Committee of Democrats, two failed Republicans, and the Fake News Media, I am canceling the January 6th Press Conference at Mar-a-Lago on Thursday, and instead will discuss many of those important topics at my rally on Saturday, January 15th, in Arizona – It will be a big crowd!” Trump wrote.

It is unclear how many Republican lawmakers will attend Gaetz's and Greene's news conference, as many GOP senators will be going to Georgia to attend the funeral of former Sen. Johnny Isakson (R-Ga.), which is set for the same day.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/588440-greene-gaetz-to-hold-jan-6-presser-after-trump-cancels
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Greene, Gaetz to hold Jan. 6 presser after Trump cancels
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2022, 11:59:47 pm »
These two are leading the fight against the entrenched GOP.

I admire them both wish them good luck.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Greene, Gaetz to hold Jan. 6 presser after Trump cancels
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2022, 12:00:30 am »
BTW, I'd bet good money that they discussed this with POTUS45.