Author Topic: New COVID-19 variant named IHU discovered in France  (Read 527 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
New COVID-19 variant named IHU discovered in France
« on: January 04, 2022, 11:35:05 pm »
FOX 29  January 4, 2022

A new COVID-19 variant has been detected in France.  The variant has been named IHU.

It was found to have infected 12 people living in an area near Marseille, a port city in southern France.

Health officials found that IHU has 46 mutations.  That is even more mutations than were found in omicron.

The cases have been linked to travel to the African country Cameroon.

More: https://www.fox29.com/news/new-covid-19-variant-named-ihu-discovered-in-france?taid=61d46b87df9b5d0001e2e7ca&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter

Offline Kamaji

Re: New COVID-19 variant named IHU discovered in France
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2022, 11:45:09 pm »
Oh Noes!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2022, 11:57:10 pm »
Health officials found that IHU has 46 mutations.  That is even more mutations than were found in omicron.

:silly: I just can't take any of this seriously anymore.
And now this:
Omicron Infections Are Showing ‘Very Strange Symptom’: Report
By  Joseph Curl
Jan 4, 2022   DailyWire.com

Feeling sweaty at night? You might have Omicron.

New reports say night sweats — which the Mayo Clinic defines as “repeated episodes of extreme perspiration that may soak your nightclothes or bedding” — are a “new strange symptom” of the variant, according to Fortune.  ...\\“Night sweats are one of a few distinct symptoms that appear to separate Omicron from other COVID variants, along with a sore throat. And unlike Delta and the original COVID strain that first hit the U.S., Omicron does not seem to be associated with a loss of smell and taste,” the mag said.  ...
Daily Wire

I swear they're just making it up as they go along.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2022, 12:04:33 am »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2022, 12:08:54 am »
Who gets the naming rights to these variants, anyway? Is Fauci going to be mad that someone in France came up with IHU without asking his permission?

Online dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2022, 12:10:03 am »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2022, 12:13:28 am »

Bonjour. Je m'appelle IHU, et je suis votre Covid variant aujourd'hui.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2022, 11:55:10 am »

Bonjour. Je m'appelle IHU, et je suis votre Covid variant aujourd'hui.

:silly:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2022, 08:00:31 pm »

:silly: I just can't take any of this seriously anymore.
And now this:Daily Wire

I swear they're just making it up as they go along.
I wonder if most of these people with night sweats are menopausal women?

DUCKING!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2022, 08:02:36 pm »

DUCKING!
I had the exact same thought.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2022, 08:13:42 pm »
No worries. One more jab ought to do it!

The Next Big COVID Variant Could Be a Triple Whammy Nightmare

Even as daily new COVID cases set all-time records and hospitals fill up, epidemiologists have arrived at a perhaps surprising consensus. Yes, the latest Omicron variant of the novel coronavirus is bad. But it could have been a lot worse.

Even as cases have surged, deaths haven’t—at least not to the same degree. Omicron is highly transmissible but generally not as severe as some older variants—“lineages” is the scientific term.

We got lucky. But that luck might not hold. Many of the same epidemiologists who have breathed a sigh of relief over Omicron’s relatively low death rate are anticipating that the next lineage might be much worse.

Fretting over a possible future lineage that combines Omicron’s extreme transmissibility with the severity of, say, the previous Delta lineage, experts are beginning to embrace a new public health strategy that’s getting an early test run in Israel: a four-shot regimen of messenger-RNA vaccine.

“I think this will be the strategy going forward,” Edwin Michael, an epidemiologist at the Center for Global Health Infectious Disease Research at the University of South Florida, told The Daily Beast.

Omicron raised alarms in health agencies all over the world in late November after officials in South Africa reported the first cases. Compared to older lineages, Omicron features around 50 key mutations, some 30 of which are on the spike protein that helps the virus to grab onto our cells.

Some of the mutations are associated with a virus’s ability to dodge antibodies and thus partially evade vaccines. Others are associated with higher transmissibility. The lineage’s genetic makeup pointed to a huge spike in infections in the unvaccinated as well as an increase in milder “breakthrough” infections in the vaccinated..............

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-next-big-covid-19-variant-could-be-a-triple-whammy-nightmare
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2022, 08:13:54 pm »

DUCKING!

When will the variant with nocturnal emissions emerge?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2022, 08:14:46 pm »
When will the variant with nocturnal emissions emerge?

You must have missed it.  That's already been here.  :shrug:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2022, 08:42:45 pm »

More hype than info.  Could be exploitation as click-bait.

What is the IHU Covid variant first discovered in France?
https://www.thenationalnews.com/coronavirus/2022/01/04/covid-19-what-is-the-b16402-variant-first-discovered-in-france/

The new B.1.640.2 variant is said to come from Cameroon
https://world-today-news.com/the-new-b-1-640-2-variant-is-said-to-come-from-cameroon/
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright