Author Topic: Manchin floats modest Senate rules changes  (Read 114 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Manchin floats modest Senate rules changes
« on: January 05, 2022, 03:04:52 pm »
Manchin floats modest Senate rules changes
By Jordain Carney - 01/04/22 10:42 PM EST

Sen. Joe Manchin (W.Va.) on Tuesday night floated smaller changes to the Senate rules that would stop short of the filibuster reforms being pushed for by many of his Democratic colleagues.

Manchin, coming out of a meeting with Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) and other Democrats involved in the negotiations, didn't pledge to vote for any specific rules reforms but appeared open to smaller changes.

"I think the filibuster needs to stay in place, any way, shape or form that we can do it," Manchin said, asked about keeping the current rule that requires most legislation to get 60 votes to advance through the Senate.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/588291-manchin-floats-modest-senate-rules-changes
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Re: Manchin floats modest Senate rules changes
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2022, 03:14:55 pm »
He's gonna cave.  Worthless POS.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline rustynail

Re: Manchin floats modest Senate rules changes
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2022, 03:30:22 pm »
Manchin floats ....so do toilet trout.