Author Topic: Cheney: Republicans who stuck by Trump 'will not be judged well by history'  (Read 453 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cheney: Republicans who stuck by Trump 'will not be judged well by history'
By Joseph Choi - 01/04/22 05:35 PM EST

Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) said in an interview on Tuesday that her fellow Republicans in Congress who have stuck by former President Trump following the Jan. 6 Capitol attack "will not be judged well by history."

Haley Byrd Wilt, associate editor of The Dispatch, asked Cheney how the House Select Committee on Jan. 6 plans on providing a clear picture of the Capitol attack that is widely accepted by people across the political spectrum when the panel appeared to have little support from or involvement with the GOP. Cheney is one of only two Republican lawmakers on the committee, along with outgoing Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.).

Cheney pointed out that House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) had ultimately made the decision not to appoint people from his party to the committee. McCarthy withdrew his appointments after Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) rejected Republican Reps. Jim Banks (Ind.) and Jim Jordan (Ohio), who he had named, as appointees.

Cheney told Wilt that the picture of Jan. 6 that the committee currently has is that Trump "summoned" the rioters to Washington, D.C., and "told them to march on the Capitol."

"I think [Trump's] actions and the actions of those people who continue to defend president Trump will not be judged well by history," Cheney said. "And so part of our committee's responsibility is to get the facts for history, to make sure people have all of those on which to make judgements going forward."

Cheney recalled that immediately after the attack, Republicans were unified in their condemnation of what had occurred. However, she said that many of her GOP colleagues now seem to be "willing to minimize and whitewash what happened," though she added that "they won't be successful."

Reflecting back on Jan. 6, 2020, Cheney told Wilt that she remembers being "very angry."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/588251-cheney-republicans-who-stuck-by-trump-will-not-be-judged-well-by-history
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online dfwgator

Talk about not being "judged well by history".....Just look at your daddy, toots!

On February 13, 2008, an average of major polls indicated that Bush/Cheney's approval rating stood at 33.3%. The same average showed, for polls issued during the period from September 5 to 16, 2008, that Bush/Cheney's approval rating was 31.9%, and his disapproval rating was 64.8%.

Even Joe's Number's aren't that bad.

And let's see,   got us into a war based on phoney intel,  and let 9/11 happen on their watch.   That doesn't exacly look good neither.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 02:40:55 am by dfwgator »

Online libertybele

Dizzy Miss Lizzy  (couldn't help myself)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUs1_vyxsZs
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EdinVA

Another megan mccain... just go away lizzy

Offline Right_in_Virginia

She's given us another reason why we must be the ones to write the history.

I really am starting to believe there's a straightacket in Lizard's future.

thebradfordfile
@thebradfordfile

I have not heard one person in my daily life bring up January 6th since January 7th.

7:05 PM · Jan 3, 2022·TweetDeck

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Exactly.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Kamaji

:thumbsup:

Offline mountaineer

Her impending defeat in the primary is how she'll be judged by history - and her constituents.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

We'll see.  History is written by the victors.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.