Author Topic: Cruz: GOP will have 'multiple grounds to consider' for Biden impeachment if it wins House  (Read 231 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cruz: GOP will have 'multiple grounds to consider' for Biden impeachment if it wins House
By Sarakshi Rai - 01/04/22 10:58 AM EST

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) said that "there's a chance" Republicans will impeach President Biden if they win the House majority in this year's midterm elections.

"If we take the House, which I said is overwhelmingly likely, then I think we will see serious investigations of the Biden administration," the senator said on the latest episode of his podcast, "Verdict with Ted Cruz."

"I do think there's a chance of that," Cruz said while talking about the possibility of a Republican-majority House impeaching Biden. He added that the Democrats had "weaponized impeachment."

"They used it for partisan purposes to go after Trump because they disagreed with him. One of the real disadvantages of doing that is the more you weaponize it and turn it into a partisan cudgel, you know, what’s good for the goose is good for the gander," Cruz said.

Cruz said that there are "multiple grounds to consider for impeachment" of Biden.

"Probably the most compelling is the utter lawlessness of President Biden's refusal to enforce the border. His decision to just defy federal immigration laws and allow 2 million people to come here unimpeded in direct contravention of his obligation under Article Two of the Constitution to take care that the laws be faithfully executed," he said.

"That is probably the strongest grounds right now for impeachment, but there may be others. Because the Democrats decided this is just another tool in the partisan war chest, I think there is a real risk that this turnabout will be fair play," Cruz continued.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/588143-cruz-gop-will-have-multiple-grounds-to-consider-for-biden-impeachment-if-it
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
MTG has introduced several different measures for just that in her time in office.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DefiantMassRINO

You don't need a reason to impeach the President.  Impeachment is the new jaywalking.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Longiron

That is funny. Your talking REPUBLICANS and they will never do such a thing as even talk IMPEACHMENT. Only the CONSERVATIVES would consider that and their are only 3-5 in both the House and Senate. :yowsa:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I'm not sure what impeachment will accomplish. At this point Harris is worse than Biden.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

OK, but if the GOP gets control of the House and the Senate, do we really want to remove Biden, and thereby take on responsibility for the consequences of his replacement, or would we rather keep him there in the White House as a continuing object lesson of what happens when one elects a democrat.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
OK, but if the GOP gets control of the House and the Senate, do we really want to remove Biden, and thereby take on responsibility for the consequences of his replacement, or would we rather keep him there in the White House as a continuing object lesson of what happens when one elects a democrat.

Good points...this is a no win...impeachment means Harris....keeping him there means he will rule by EO's... :shrug:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Killer Clouds

If the republicants don't get a 2/3 majority in the senate impeachment is pointless and a waste of time and money.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Good points...this is a no win...impeachment means Harris....keeping him there means he will rule by EO's... :shrug:

You are right, this is a no win situation, although I believe that the DEMS have plans to rid themselves of Harris.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Jen Psaki calls Biden impeachment threat from Ted Cruz 'name-calling'

White House press secretary Jen Psaki responded to a threat from Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) warning that already Republicans have grounds to impeach President Joe Biden (D) once they retake Congress in the midterm elections.

Psaki made the comments during the White House media briefing on Tuesday.

"Well, uh, our reaction is maybe Senator Cruz can work with us on getting something done on comprehensive immigration reform and putting in place measures that will help make sure smart security is what we see at the border," Psaki said, "taking a more humane approach at the border instead of name-calling, accusation-calling, and making predictions about the future."

Cruz said that Republicans would investigate Biden for impeachment on the latest episode of his podcast titled "Verdict with Ted Cruz."

"If we take the House, which I said is overwhelmingly likely, then I think we will see serious investigations of the Biden administration," said Cruz.

He went on to accuse Democrats of "weaponizing" the impeachment process in order to damage former President Donald Trump........

https://www.theblaze.com/news/jen-psaki-impeach-ted-cruz
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Is this the agenda for the midterms?