Author Topic: I-95: Drivers trapped for hours on Virginia interstate as temperatures dropped during the overnight  (Read 2242 times)

Offline EdinVA

NG?  They had 12 hours to get salt/sand trucks out there.... Someone should be fired over this...

Offline dfwgator

NG?  They had 12 hours to get salt/sand trucks out there.... Someone should be fired over this...

Who has jurisdiction over the Interstate Highways.....The Transportation Secretary, who was too busy breastfeeding his gaybies.

Online Hoodat

I'm not seeing what the problem is here.  You knew Northam was an incompetent putz when you elected him four years ago.  Anyone in the Commonwealth having any expectation that Northam could fix this needs to have his/her head examined.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

Who has jurisdiction over the Interstate Highways.....The Transportation Secretary, who was too busy breastfeeding his gaybies.

I believe the roads themselves are primarily under state management; however, they are part of the federal system, so it wouldn’t be unreasonable to expect the federal government to do something constructive. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Where I live, people check weather reports, and predictions BEFORE setting out anywhere. The doohickey on my phone gives a reasonable prediction of temperature and probability of precipitation at least 24 hours out.

If it looks really crappy, then stay home. If it looks like it will get crappy, go early if you must.

It was twenty six below zero when I went out this morning...we take this stuff seriously.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EdinVA

Offline mountaineer

Col. Donald C. Morse, USMC, laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery during snowstorm
What a sad, beautiful photo.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org