State Chapters > Virginia

I-95: Drivers trapped for hours on Virginia interstate as temperatures dropped during the overnight

(1/12) > >>

EdinVA:

--- Quote ---I-95: Drivers trapped for hours on Virginia interstate as temperatures dropped during the overnight
Hundreds of drivers have been stranded on the I-95 in northern Virginia for hours Tuesday morning after the region was slammed with a major snowstorm—prompting some people to turn off their engines or even abandon their vehicles to look for shelter, according to a report.
WTOP reported that some drivers have been in their cars for over 15 hours.
"Some callers were sobbing and scared," Dave Dildine, a traffic reporter for the station, said. "Psychologically it is extremely distressing to be motionless on a highway for hours on end without knowing how much longer it will last."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/i-95-drivers-trapped-for-hours-on-virginia-interstate-as-temperatures-dropped-during-the-overnight
--- End quote ---

Yea, lets get those electric cars now...

Kamaji:
This is a good reason why one should always carry emergency supplies, including emergency blankets, in one's car when traveling during the winter.

mountaineer:

--- Quote ---Glenn Youngkin Gets Blamed for I-95 Traffic Snarls As Actual Governor Ralph Northam Appears MIA
By Sister Toldjah | Jan 04, 2022 10:45 AM ET

Social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram have been chock full of posts over the last 24 hours or so from understandably angry folks in the Virginia/D.C. area who have either been stuck for hours on I-95 in the middle of freezing temperatures and snow on the roads or who have family members and friends who are.  ...

As the frustrations mount and the insane clips and photos of what things look like continue to roll in, some have taken to the Twitter machine to blame Republican Glenn Youngkin, who I should point out is the Gov.-Elect and won’t be sworn in until January 15th. The blame was so predominant that as I write this, “Youngkin” is trending on Twitter.

For instance, Jonah Goldberg, who we have been reliably told is a truuuue conservative or something, said on Twitter that “If I was Glenn Youngkin I’d be flooding the zone to get this I-95 crap fixed. DC suburbs are vengeful about this kind of thing.”  ...

Meanwhile, it would appear that Northam is MIA as this crisis unfolds:
--- Quote ---WTOP
@WTOP
As of 7:15 a.m., VDOT and Gov. Ralph Northam's office have not returned multiple requests from WTOP to provide an update on reopening efforts.
7:22 AM · Jan 4, 2022
--- End quote ---
... We eagerly await the mainstream media and leftists all rushing to ask “Where is Ralph?” like they did with Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis last week even though he wasn’t actually missing, but we won’t hold our collective breath. Because narratives and stuff.
--- End quote ---
Red State

Idiots.

Restored:
If only we could predict the weather

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: Kamaji on January 04, 2022, 02:59:08 pm ---This is a good reason why one should always carry emergency supplies, including emergency blankets, in one's car when traveling during the winter.

--- End quote ---

I am in the far north and in the Rockies, where such things are life and death all the time.
Every fall my truck gets a 3-day kit with everything I need to survive the winter with nothing, by hand.
It has certainly saved my life twice, and likely two more times.

You will thank yourself when it is 10 below and your truck is stone cold dead, and you are sitting in a Colorado lean-to shelter in 70 degree heat with a full belly. DEFINITELY the way to go... And of the four times I speak of, three of them I walked out on my own in four days or less - Because help ain't gonna show up for at least three.

Being able to build a camp, survive comfortably while you build a polk, and maybe snowshoes, and have enough to walk out on (at least three more times setting camp) is surely the only answer,

Not only the tools - but the knowledge on how to use them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version