Author Topic: Leading German COVID Policy Critic, Professor, Gets Detained By Police For Walking Without Mask  (Read 172 times)

rangerrebew

Leading German COVID Policy Critic, Professor, Gets Detained By Police For Walking Without Mask

By P Gosselin on 4. January 2022
Share this...

Dark times return to Germany as authorities attempt to stomp out freedoms.

Police randomly target, pick off peaceful demonstrators. Symbol photo. Source: Freie Niedersachsen

As Germany scrambles to stifle the growing grassroots movement against COVID restrictions and vaccine mandates, authorities are resorting to ever more extreme tactics to shut down the fundamental right to dissent.

One retired German professor recounts his own experience:
===========================
Detained, charged and barred – for going for a walk …out of control authorities

By Prof. Dr. Stefan Homburg
Originally published at Reitschuster.de

[Hanover] Yesterday, the Monday after New Year’s Day, 2022, I wanted to watch for the first time one of the “walks” now taking place by the thousands all over Germany since authorities have banned demonstrations.

I know from the newspaper that the police have issued a general order on FFP2 masks to make it easier to take tougher action against walkers. The medical bogus arguments are no longer used, so I put a mask in my pocket.

At the Town Hall, the designated meeting place, I can only see a huge police contingent. I stroll alone to the state parliament, where a large group of people are being detained and requested to designate a leader of the gathering. I stay away from that and continue to Hanover’s Kröpcke central square, where on this mild January evening several hundred people can be found, most of them on their way to or from the shops.

https://notrickszone.com/2022/01/04/leading-german-covid-policy-critic-professor-gets-detained-by-police-for-walking-without-mask/
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 06:28:02 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Link, please, @rangerrebew

Thanks!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

rangerrebew

Is Angela trying to outdo Hitler's gestapo? :headbang:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Never give Karens badges.
They are the all too willing implementers of totalitarianism.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis