Author Topic: Schumer vows Senate rules change vote by Jan. 17 if GOP blocks voting rights  (Read 210 times)

Offline corbe

Schumer vows Senate rules change vote by Jan. 17 if GOP blocks voting rights

BY JORDAIN CARNEY - 01/03/22 10:47 AM EST

Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) said on Monday that he will force a vote by Jan. 17 on changing the Senate's rules if Republicans again block voting rights legislation.

"The fight for the ballot is as old as the Republic. Over the coming weeks, the Senate will once again consider how to perfect this union and confront the historic challenges facing our democracy," Schumer wrote in a letter sent to the Senate Democratic Caucus.

"We hope our Republican colleagues change course and work with us. But if they do not, the Senate will debate and consider changes to Senate rules on or before January 17, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, to protect the foundation of our democracy: free and fair elections," he added.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/587987-schumer-vows-senate-rules-change-vote-by-jan-17-if-gop-blocks-voting-rights
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Chuck is writing checks his dumb ass can't cash.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline corbe

I love how he inserted MLK, Jr day into his statement.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
   I love how he inserted MLK, Jr day into his statement.

MLK would be cancelled by the woketards  if he lived today. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline corbe

Offline Killer Clouds

The voting right bills the DCP wants to pass are unconstitutional to begin with.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The voting right bills the DCP wants to pass are unconstitutional to begin with.

I hope we're not counting on the Roberts Court to stop this travesty.   :smokin:

Tom Cotton
@TomCottonAR
·1h

When Chuck Schumer says we need to abolish the filibuster to pass “voting rights,” he’s talking about a bill to mandate ballot harvesting, ban voter ID, and give taxpayer funding to campaigns.

This has nothing to do with voting rights. It’s a Democratic power grab.